Brighter spots on display of my Vive Pro 2

kurt_b

After a few days of use (delivery date June 18th) i have noticed six brighter but small cloudy spots under the right lens of my Vive Pro 2. These spots are best visible on a homogeneous background with medium brightness and are distributed over the lower third and the right edge of the field of view. The spots are no dirt or dust on the lens and they are no stuck pixels. The HMD has not been exposed to direct sunlight or headlights that could have caused a burn-in defect. 

What can be the cause of this.

7 hours ago, kurt_b said:

After a few days of use (delivery date June 18th) i have noticed six brighter but small cloudy spots under the right lens of my Vive Pro 2. These spots are best visible on a homogeneous background with medium brightness and are distributed over the lower third and the right edge of the field of view. The spots are no dirt or dust on the lens and they are no stuck pixels. The HMD has not been exposed to direct sunlight or headlights that could have caused a burn-in defect. 

What can be the cause of this.

dust?  

Dust would mostly cause darker spots. It´s similar to the spots on this picture of a smartphone: https://forum.fairphone.com/uploads/default/original/2X/5/54ac5563138b6bb9e0c7877221e7be790cd47598.jpg

Such errors mostly arise from pressure on the display; but that is inside and therefore protected. It cannot be damaged easily.

• 4 months later...
On 7/5/2021 at 10:45 PM, kurt_b said:

Dust would mostly cause darker spots. It´s similar to the spots on this picture of a smartphone: https://forum.fairphone.com/uploads/default/original/2X/5/54ac5563138b6bb9e0c7877221e7be790cd47598.jpg

Such errors mostly arise from pressure on the display; but that is inside and therefore protected. It cannot be damaged easily.

I've had the same issue, what was the problem, should I RMA ?

Hi Nick! The Spots were caused by a defective LCD panel. HTC replaced the panel but therefore ruined the IPD adjustment. After two RMAs i had a functioning headset that I stupidly left in the sun which burnt the panels.

Since the sweetspot and the godrays bothered me anyway, I switched back to my old Vive pro. I use the Pro 2 as a spare parts dispenser for the Pro where possible.

• 10 months later...

I've had my Vive Pro 2 for 4 days now and when I turned it on today I noticed 3 white semi-transparent dots that form the 3 points of a triangle in the bottom right of my view . I've tried restarting my HMD multiple times but it's still there. It may not seem like a big deal but it's uncomfortable to see on my screen and I'm worried the problem may grow. I tried to take a picture of it with my phone but it doesn't show since you only see the lens and not what's actually on the screen, and I can't take a screenshot since it doesn't show there either. It's pretty small and only shows in the right lens.