VIVE OpenXR (PC) 1.0 update (Unreal and Unity)

dario

VIVE OpenXR PC Unreal Plugin Release 1.0.0

[Version] 1.0.0

[Changes]

Support OpenXR extensions:
“XR_HTC_vive_cosmos_controller_interaction”
“XR_MSFT_scene_understanding”
“XR_HTC_facial_tracking”.

Documentation of usage for the scene understanding and facial tracking features is included.

Sample applications for both scene understanding and facial tracking are included.

[Download]

Plugin:  ViveOpenXRPlugin.zip

Sample Project:  ViveOpenXRPluginSample.zip

VIVE OpenXR PC Unity Plugin Release 1.0.1

[Version] 1.0.1

[Changes]

1. Fix that VIVE Cosmos controller profile cannot work with SteamXR runtime.
  2. Separate the mesh subsystem from VIVE OpenXR plugin. Which means you won’t include mesh subsystem when you only enable VIVE OpenXR scene understanding feature.

[Download]:   (install via package manager)

com.htc.vive.openxr-1.0.1.tgzcom.htc.vive.openxr-1.0.1.tgz

[Note]

1. The controller profiles are all work fine with Unity OpenXR plugin 1.3.1.
  2. OpenXR gaze function in controller sample scene is not working with Unity OpenXR plugin 1.3.1, but working with 1.2.8.

[Previous Version] 1.0.0

[Changes]

Support OpenXR extensions:
XR_HTC_vive_cosmos_controller_interaction”,
“XR_MSFT_scene_understanding”,
“XR_HTC_facial_tracking”.

Sample applications for both scene understanding and facial tracking are included.
Documentation of usage for the scene understanding and facial tracking features is included.

[Note]

“XR_HTC_facial_tracking” is published in OpenXR SPEC -XR_HTC_facial_tracking.

VR/MR experience setting

We have created an OpenXR setting for developers to pre-set its application experience (environment blend mode).

This is a short-term solution since an application should be able to set the environment blend mode through OpenXR API

openxrsetting1.png.30525444dd785f490c62ed2f6cf45a4b.png

The application experience will be set to VR by default.

vrmodedefault.png.715f925d63dd24662de7fe9dce7c50dd.png

Runtime will try to blend the real environment with the content when the application experience is set to MR.

blendmode.png.03d7077171285878a1ef8beefbf395ae.png

Please note that Unity OpenXR plugin 1.3.1 seems having some issues on OpenXR button binding.
In its controller sample, only trigger and grip button work.

However Unity OpenXR plugin 1.2.8 which is a verified version does not have this symptom and all works fine.

ViveOpenXRPluginSample.zip ViveOpenXRPlugin.zip

Kind of a weird question maybe, but I've been thinking about using my Focus 3 as my only VR headset down the road. Speaking specifically about using it in a "tethered" scenario (not Android/local to device, I understand that's part of the OpenXR for Focus 3 early access piece.) Are you guys thinking about adding something perhaps to the Vive Business Streaming app to also control setting the Vive OpenXR as the default system-wide OpenXR runtime? I'd love to not have to run through SteamVR for using native OpenXR tools.

On 2/3/2022 at 3:39 AM, Dario said:

Please note that Unity OpenXR plugin 1.3.1 seems having some issues on OpenXR button binding.
In its controller sample, only trigger and grip button work.

However Unity OpenXR plugin 1.2.8 which is a verified version does not have this symptom and all works fine.

But the com_htc_vive.openxr-1.0.0.tgz on the top post has package.json files points to "com.unity.xr.openxr": "1.3.1" which upgrades OpenXR plugin to 1.3.1 on import. Please fix it.

Also line 26 & 27 of HtcViveCosmosInputFeature.cs in this tgz are;

OpenxrExtensionStrings = "XR_HTC_vive_cosmos_controller_interaction",
        Version = "0.0.1",

and in the previous com_htc_upm_vive.openxr.controllers-1.0.0.tgz, these lines are the only difference which goes;

OpenxrExtensionStrings = "",
        Version = "0.0.1",

Only this strings is the difference but imo the version should be incremented. 

I am digging these because I am having trouble binding inputs from cosmos controllers.

Edited by TakashiWatanabe

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2022 at 1:53 AM, Dario said:

Fee free to post on our private OpenXR for Focus 3 early access preview forum (if you've applied and gotten access). Also, we've already added the Focus 3 controller extension to the OpenXR spec, 

I too submitted a request for early access to native OpenXR for Focus 3 but didn't get any response, @Dario.

• 2 months later...

Hi Dario,

I am using the VIVE OpenXR Plugin version 1.0.1 which works great in the editor. 

But when I am trying to build the application I got the following errors:

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.localization@1.0.5\Runtime\Property Variants\Tracked Objects\JsonSerializerTrackedObject.cs(3,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Newtonsoft' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Library\PackageCache\com.unity.localization@1.0.5\Runtime\Property Variants\Tracked Objects\JsonSerializerTrackedObject.cs(224,80): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'JObject' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Library\PackageCache\com.unity.localization@1.0.5\Runtime\Property Variants\Tracked Objects\JsonSerializerTrackedObject.cs(250,24): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'JObject' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Library\PackageCache\com.unity.localization@1.0.5\Runtime\Property Variants\Tracked Objects\JsonSerializerTrackedObject.cs(336,65): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'JContainer' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Library\PackageCache\com.unity.localization@1.0.5\Runtime\Property Variants\Tracked Objects\JsonSerializerTrackedObject.cs(336,25): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'JToken' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I have the localization package from Unity included. Once I remove the VIVE OpenXR package, the error is gone and I am able to build but of course without Cosmos controller support.

Do you have any idea if this is something you guys can fix in the package?

Best regards,

Daniel

• 11 months later...
On 2/3/2022 at 7:53 PM, dario said:

Fee free to post on our private OpenXR for Focus 3 early access preview forum (if you've applied and gotten access). Also, we've already added the Focus 3 controller extension to the OpenXR spec, 

Hey @dario, where does one apply for access to this forum