SRanipal Data Analysis

Hi everyone! I'm collecting data for my research project using HTC Vive Pro Eye and SRanipal SDK. 

I would like to know which tools do you suggest to analyze eye tracking data. Basically, I need to obtain a sort of scanpath for each eye or maybe a heat map. At the moment I'm using plotting and scatter in Matlab. It is possible to visualize the result in the file attached. It is important to me to count the number of saccades, and their amplitude. Any idea to achieve this result?

Thank you! Best regards, 

Mattia

ScanpathOnFrame.png

ScatterOnFrame.png

Hi, sorry to bother you.

I am struggling to extract the eye-tracking data out. But I am confusing about the information that the SRainpal SDK provided. 

Could you please tell me how to extract the data using unity & C# in your convenience? 

Thank you for your help!

All the best,

June

Hi! 

No bother at all, you'are welcome. 

You can find attached a script to extract SRanipal eye Data. Icustomized a script from this study (https://www.researchgate.net/publication/346058398_Assessing_Saccadic_Eye_Movements_With_Head-Mounted_Display_Virtual_Reality_Technology

If you are using Unity, you can create a scene with: 

1. .Main Camera
  2. SRanipal Eye Framework (in hierachy put "version" and active both "enable eye" and "enable eye data callback"
  3. an empty GO where you can attached as component th script attached. In this script there's a void "Measurmen" which mesure eye data and a "Callback" function that return you data and print them on a txt file. You can find the file of all eye data in your Unity project in the Assets folder. Remeber to delate every time the txt, because if the file already exsist when unity is lauched, unity editor will interrupt itself.

You can modify the way to store the data in the way more suitable for your purpose. If you need furter information please don't hesitate in contact me. 

Best regards, 

Mattia

EyeTracker.cs

• Like 3

On 2/21/2022 at 8:51 AM, mattia.barbieri91 said:

Hi! 

You can find attached a script to extract SRanipal eye Data. Icustomized a script from this study (https://www.researchgate.net/publication/346058398_Assessing_Saccadic_Eye_Movements_With_Head-Mounted_Display_Virtual_Reality_Technology

1. .Main Camera
  2. SRanipal Eye Framework (in hierachy put "version" and active both "enable eye" and "enable eye data callback"
  3. an empty GO where you can attached as component th script attached. In this script there's a void "Measurmen" which mesure eye data and a "Callback" function that return you data and print them on a txt file. You can find the file of all eye data in your Unity project in the Assets folder. Remeber to delate every time the txt, because if the file already exsist when unity is lauched, unity editor will interrupt itself.

You can modify the way to store the data in the way more suitable for your purpose. If you need furter information please don't hesitate in contact me. 

Best regards, 

Mattia

EyeTracker.cs 16.6 kB · 2 downloads

Hi @mattia.barbieri91

I have tried the code under your instructions in unity.  And attached is my output. The problem is when I attached the script into the unity project, my eyes can't be tracked. (The Eye sample scene v_2 in the viveSR, the avatar's eyes don't open or move). When I tick on the cal_need and result_cal in the Eye Tracker, the unity would stuck out as long as I click run the scene. Also, even I didn't wear the headset, the dartboard in the sample scene is also be highlighted along with the headset moving. I think it's apparently this output is not correct. Did you come across this problem?

Thank you so much for your reply and help!

best,

June

image.png.8ad1e371592734fe74aa5b229f225da2.png 

image.png.4d32f08cc2563956cf924ad54eb3c3b5.png 

image.png.d42355c685a6499464fbd2e62be121cd.png

image.thumb.png.8cd46ea45c3e1352d838a02434e85953.png

StandardSaccade_IDnumber.txt

• Like 1

Hi,

in my theses I also want to work with the HTC VIVE PRO EYE eye data. Huge thanks to Mattia, who's showed me quite simple code to understand. Unfortunately I've stumbled into same problem as Jane did, when trying to use this code within the EyeSample_v2 scene. The eyes are "stuck" meaning they are not rotating nor closing. Very interesting is the fact, that movement of my facial muscles is captured and shown in my mirror image. In addition to the fact that eye movement is somehow disabled I found out that each time I try to play the scene only first few frames are captured (shown in the image) and sometimes not even that.

If you have any suggestions, I'd be very grateful.

Best regards,

Vojtech

image.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hi June and Vojtech, 

I remember to have your same problem in the past. Basically, I'm working with AR (trough SR Works SDK or adding Zed Mini to Pro Eye),  so I don't work to much with VR. 

The problem may occur, because in the scene ther's is "gaze ray sample v2" prefab. In the gazse ray script there's the same void "Measurment" that you can find in the script that I've sent to you. I think the problem could be related to this. Try to eliminate Gaze ray from the scene and take I look. 

Best regards, 

Mattia

Hi mattia,

thank you for your awnser on my question. Even though I don't know how to solve it, I solved it. On the other hand, I don't think it was because of what you wrote.

Have a wonderful day,

Vojta

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/22/2022 at 12:51 AM, mattia.barbieri91 said:

Hi! 

1. .Main Camera

Best regards, 

Mattia

EyeTracker.cs 16.6 kB · 33 downloads

Hello Mattia,

I followed this procedure but I can't enter play mode of my built-up scene after calibration. It warned that 'stop framework: module not on'. But in the scene of eye_sample_v2, it works. So how can I solve this problem.

Best regards, 

Bubblepepper

• 3 months later...

Hi guys 

I am a beginner on eye-tracking. May I ask some basic question?

How can I read or get some data or information from SRanipal? I use UE4. 

The thing is that I clicked the pack log on SRanipal logo and out put a .zip file, but I cant open or unzip it. Did I do something wrong?

Or is there any possible for me just use UE4 blueprint script to get all things out?

Dose someone may help me on that? Thanks so much.