Vive Business Streaming 1.07.6a - Beta Release notes

C.T.

Also just something of a feature request please please please... 🙂 We are desperately in need of some kind of "home" gesture to be universal across all apps. I have gotten stuck inside test apps many times with no clear way to exit beyond rebooting the headset. For full hand control experiences where maybe controllers are not available, we very much need to be able to navigate into and out of apps and to always get back to the home screen.

On 3/12/2022 at 9:47 AM, jefmes said:

Also just something of a feature request please please please... 🙂 We are desperately in need of some kind of "home" gesture to be universal across all apps. I have gotten stuck inside test apps many times with no clear way to exit beyond rebooting the headset. For full hand control experiences where maybe controllers are not available, we very much need to be able to navigate into and out of apps and to always get back to the home screen.

We have a quick menu gesture which if pinch you fingers with palm facing towards you. (right hand) 
You should be able to see a vive logo appeared and will continue to fill out if you hold it for 3 secs.

2 hours ago, C.T. said:

We have a quick menu gesture which if pinch you fingers with palm facing towards you. (right hand) 
You should be able to see a vive logo appeared and will continue to fill out if you hold it for 3 secs.

Thanks CT I'll give that another try. I think I tried that but I might been doing palm up instead of palm towards me.

21 hours ago, C.T. said:

I haven't had any luck getting that to work unfortunately. I've tried from Vive Business Streaming, the basic HelloXR WaveSDK app I built and deployed to the headset (it does show my hands, but no gestures were recognized), and even though I didn't think it'd work I used the smaller articulated hands in SteamVR Home and no change using the palm facing myself and trying either pinch gesture with just thumb and index finger, or pinch using all five fingers.

3 hours ago, jefmes said:

I haven't had any luck getting that to work unfortunately. I've tried from Vive Business Streaming, the basic HelloXR WaveSDK app I built and deployed to the headset (it does show my hands, but no gestures were recognized), and even though I didn't think it'd work I used the smaller articulated hands in SteamVR Home and no change using the palm facing myself and trying either pinch gesture with just thumb and index finger, or pinch using all five fingers.

It's purely thumb and index finger, try raise it a little below eye level.  Similar to the dollar or okay gesture. That will opens up the quick menu.

The reason you don't see hand model in the helloXR wave SDK is because it doesn't support hand tracking input nor models. However, the above "quick menu" gesture is a system level gesture, that will be effected whenever the hand tracking is enabled without controllers present. 

12 hours ago, Ixixly said:

Hey all, can anyone tell me how to get to the screen shown to assign an IP address to auto connect to? I can't see this in VBS at all?

It is placed under this folder. By the way, you do need to connect your Focus 3 via USB to config this, also VBS client cannot be running on the background when you assigned the IP.  

image.png.8c2676309221e2b174879000381251c7.png

• Like 1

Thanks C.T., I found the program, entered in the IP and after I press "Assign to Focus 3" I get the success box but inside the headset it still prompts me to select which PC to connect to, any suggestions? Will this eventually be rolled into either the MDM Batch Configuration or into the VBS itself in future to streamline? Will become extremely cumbersome with large numbers of headsets having to do this way.

30 minutes ago, Frankfurt said:

Hey! I've tried to find a download-link for the latest VBS Beta (1.07.6a Beta) but couldn't find it anywhere. Could someone help me with that? Thank you very much in advance!

you can option in beta here inside setting -> advanced beta program

image.png.7e963ed6a21d4dd6a1daafac053e8114.png

• Like 1