Unpairable and untrackable blue light controller

Billain

Ok update!.. I fixed it!!!! smh.. idk why this worked but it did. I was running windows 8.1 i updated to windows 10 just to see if that helped...nothing changed then i came across someone on reddit who had the same problem and he said he unplugged his keyboard !!!!!!!....... Ill be damned it worked! he was using a k70 keyboard im using a blackwidow chroma... Now im back (In) the game... see what i did there...whatever.. ;} Not saying this will work for everyone but put this move on your check list of things to try for a controller that wont pair....

• 1 year later...

My problem ended up being a loose cable inside the controller. I had to carefully and patiently take it apart (there's instructions if you google it) and wiggle/re-secure the 2 flat ribbon cables connecting the tracking ring to the handle of the controller. After that it connected and tracked fine.

• 1 year later...

so i had this problem twice once i fixed it by completely  reinstalling steam vr but second time this method did not work. i dont know what exactly fixed it but i guess unplugging and reconnecting ps2/keyboard  or changing usb port for vr. dont know but i had console open so if anyone could figure out what has happened i uploaded it here https://codeshare.io/anBXb1

• 5 months later...

@gomi Are you doing the controller pairing procedure? Blue just means that it's on but hasn't paired - if you hold both buttons on the controller it should enter pairing mode (flashing blue) and you then use the SteamVR UI on the desktop to pair the controller.

There is an advanced process which forcibly unpairs all controllers and peripherals which can be very helpful in starting from a clean slate. It's low risk.