VIVE FOCUS 3 cooling fans seemed to stoping working

My VIVE FOCUS 3 has been idle for a while. Recently I turned on it and updated firmware in accordance with instructions.

After that, I noticed the fan noise is barely noticeable. 10 minutes after using, the device became warm, the graphics went slow and lagging.

The fan inside mask stopped working either. I could feel sweat on my face.

Does it have something to do with firmware? Or it's just a hardware malfunction?

15 hours ago, VR_Beginner_Vincent said:

My VIVE FOCUS 3 has been idle for a while. Recently I turned on it and updated firmware in accordance with instructions.

After that, I noticed the fan noise is barely noticeable. 10 minutes after using, the device became warm, the graphics went slow and lagging.

Does it have something to do with firmware? Or it's just a hardware malfunction?

Can you check this area to see if there's any wind blows out after turning on your focus 3?

image.png.7231ced78a1b4e95884f482b3c18bf48.png

On 7/5/2022 at 1:38 PM, VR_Beginner_Vincent said:

Probably a hardware failure, contact support to have it sent in for repair. Double check the vent out to see if theres any air out. 

On 7/6/2022 at 10:55 AM, C.T. said:

Can you check this area to see if there's any wind blows out after turning on your focus 3?

image.png.7231ced78a1b4e95884f482b3c18bf48.png

Checked, it is silence and no wind blows. I've sent it back for repair service. Thank you.

On 7/9/2022 at 4:35 PM, GhostPsi said:

Probably a hardware failure, contact support to have it sent in for repair. Double check the vent out to see if theres any air out. 

Thank you. I've sent it back to be further examined.

• Like 1