Vive Business Streaming 1.08.8 - Beta Release notes

C.T.

VIVE Business Streaming Software - 1.08.8 – Beta Release notes

Released July 21st, 2022

Console - 1.08.8

• Resolved issue reported on forum which VBS will crash upon launching on some computers.
  • Reduced VBS server standby CPU loading when there’s no connection. 
  • Improved visual quality when dynamic bitrate is enabled with AMD GPU.
  • Fixed a potential crash issue when changing bitrate on AMD GPU.

Client - 1.0.11.8 (Please connect Focus 3 to PC via USB to update)

• Updated translations.

Known issues:

• When enabled Dynamic bitrate on AMD GPU, the GPU memory usage in Windows Task Manager Details tab is incorrect. It will show a ridiculous large value. The total GPU memory usage in Performance tab is correct.
  • If you still encountered crashes upon VBS launch on PC side, please contact @C.T.or roll back to public line.
  • Like 1

Update works fine on my PC I would still point out that Sharpening is being set at max but not applied and streaming bitrate is auto set to 20mbps

Overall the quality seems to be improving and soon we might have native resolution working at this point! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Caesar - just wondering if the VBS windows app can be made to start minimised (i.e. in the system tray) and therefore only open fully once a Focus 3 connects? It's how the other Vive apps behave - and looks better for multiuser PCs?

Also wondering what the limits are with 5GHz streaming. Are we technically able to go above 200 Mbps?