Need 6DoF controllers for "Vanilla" Vive Focus

knoble

• 2 months later...

I need controllers too.

of anything that will get me past the initial screen of trying to connect controller.  I think if we can enable developer mode, we could install support for other controllers.  like Xbox gamepad.

when I talked to support, they said it was end of life product and they couldn't help with anything.  they said there were no other controllers compatible.  I call bullshit.  the person helping me needed to talk to their supervisor.  came back with zero answers.  I'm not a programmer, but i am sure there is a way to get around this.  its crap that the headset is bricked because they don't want to support it.  I have been trying to learn about programming.  slow going.  I will start buying controllers from other headsets.  see if I can make anything work.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the answer.

Looks like the original focus developers kit is just a brick.  There is no availability of controllers anywhere In the world that I can find.  I have scoured different Chinese marketplaces, worldwide Google search, any and every market I can find, I have checked.  And I suppose there is no tricks to use the SD card to force and software changes to it since there is no way to enable developer mode.  I have tried alot of things and find it difficult to admit defeat.  I guess the only thing left to do is take it apart and see what is inside then take it target practicing.