super loud coil whine when use VIVE Streaming Hub

dynameis tw

On 3/8/2023 at 4:37 PM, TomCgcmfc said:

I finally got the headstrap streaming app to update.  I needed to reset the headset, including going through all the setup again.  Then instead of starting off with wifi streaming I plugged in my usb3 Link cable, selected do nothing, then started up the pc streaming app.  Then I selected the usb connection option andn then tried updating and it updated the headset streaming app.

After all that, I can't say I noticed any difference.  I did manage to go in and out of the Lobby a couple times without any problems, but eventually my PC hung again and I needed to do a hard restart by press/holding my PC power button.

I've still found it best to initially select SteamVR in the lobby and then select Steam and VivePort PCVR apps from the SeamVR void with library panel.  Then use in-game options to quit or hit the left controller menu button to select stop the app.  

Again, to stop streaming without hanging my PC I needed to do the same thing as before; hit the x button on the SteamVR popup to close VR and once it closed, to immediately hit the x button on the Streamer popup to stop/end it.  Then I just hold the headset power button and select shutdown.  All a lot more complicated to do but at least it doesn't hang my PC.  Hopefully when Virtual Desktop is released this will make all this a lot easier.  Plus it should give you more streaming options as well.

well , at least we can wait Vitrual Desktop release on vive store

Virtual Desktop (viveport.com)

• Like 1

On 3/9/2023 at 11:22 PM, dynameis tw said:

well , at least we can wait Vitrual Desktop release on vive store

Virtual Desktop (viveport.com)

Ya, can't happen soon enough, lol!

One of the first things I asked Vive Support before preordering was, like the Pico 4, was the Virtual Desktop app going to be required for good PCVR.  They told that this was not going to be the case.  Right now I don't think that this is the case. Hopefully it will improve soon.  Unfortunately, I'm just about out of my Vive store 14 day return window (it really should be at least 30 day imho) so I've needed to start a return for refund process.  The return process does not seem too bad; just need lots of photos of the product, shipping labels, and invoices.  After 4x business days I'm still waiting for this to be processed with instructions on how to return it (Ticket 50488177 if C.T. is interested in following this up).

Too bad, since I was really hoping that this would replace my OG Vive Pro 1, while working close to as well as my Quest Pro.  Very disappointing imho.  Maybe if the opportunity to hold onto it longer was an option I would have had a better outcome. 

Just a quick update on my return.  This got approved pretty quickly and Vive booked a courier to pick it up from my home early next week.  I'm sorry to see it go but for my main objective of wireless PCVR the current Vive Steaming Hub software was just not working well, for me anyway.  Hopefully this will improve in the near future.  Also, the 'coming soon' release of the Virtual Desktop app may further improve this.  So, for now I'll bow out of the XR Elite forum and just monitor it to see how its development progresses.  When the dust settles and everything looks good I may look at repurchasing this again.  Bye and cheers.

Tried VD on XR Elite , HTC released it by accident accoding to VD dev ,now VD on VIVE has some bugs

but still .. outperform official streaming app by all aspect  , lower streaming resolution but image clear than HTC streamer , on the DCS HUD clarity is way better than official streamer

NO CPU spike when lauch it , no coil wine

-----------------

說真的,乾脆跟他們買不就好了,自己造輪子還造不好

Screenshot_20230318_234617.png

• 2 weeks later...