VIVE Browser does not start

WeeZel

Hi,

i'm having trouble to start the VIVE Browser application on my XR Elite, the app doesn't start at all.

If i'm hovering over the icon it appears "Update". By clicking on it, nothing happens. If i clicking on "more details" for the app it says: "The Page you are looking for might have been removed, renamed or is temporarily not available".

My headset has the current firmware installed and other applications just work fine.

Does anyone has a hint how to solve this?

I don't have Pihole or anything like that on my network and I still have this issue with the VIVE browser. The workaround I've been using is clicking on the browser painting on the wall in the home environment, it's a painting of a planet to your right when you first load in, next to the Viveport Painting. I've noticed if I join a new network I can use the icon in the library to start the browser but once I exit, the icon goes back to saying "update". 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/30/2023 at 1:43 PM, RickCrack said:

It doesn't start if I have the XR  Elite language in Spanish, I change it to English and it starts perfectly, if I put it back in Spanish it won't start again

Same for me, didn't start in Spanish but did in English... 🤣

On 6/30/2023 at 1:43 PM, RickCrack said:

It doesn't start if I have the XR  Elite language in Spanish, I change it to English and it starts perfectly, if I put it back in Spanish it won't start again

I have the same problem, distributor told me that HTC does not have much interest in the Spanish market.  I think it would be better to return them..

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2023 at 2:54 PM, Vicenç said:

I have the same problem, distributor told me that HTC does not have much interest in the Spanish market.  I think it would be better to return them..

Does not seem that htc has any interest in fixing it... we have reported the problem  , XR  elite and FLOW  have the same problem, but they have not listened to us…

For now we have found a partial solution:

Choose the general language of the device in English,  open the Vive Browser and we go to its configuration. change all the languages that are automatically set by default and you can  put the language that interests DO NOT CHOOSE ANY SPANISH!!! exit Vive Browser and change the general language to Spanish

The system and the applications will remain in Spanish, and the Vive browser works correctly but in the chosen language (in my case English).This way it will not be necessary to change the language every time you want to use the Vive Browser.