Vive XR Elite Chroma Keying

loneill

Hi, I am developing a chromakey video passthrough set using Unity and am currently using a Vive Pro 2 with an external stereo camera. I would like to switch to the XR Elite but I can not find whether the XR Elite supports chroma keying the video passthrough. And if not, will it be supported in the near future? This is very important to me and I would like to know before buying.

Thank you, Liam.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have not found another headset for chroma keying passthrough yet. I currently am using a ZED with a Vive Pro 2 and its passable for now. The quality of the passthrough is not as good as the XR Elite but the XR Elite is still missing too many features. I'm interested in the Lynx R1. That could prove to be a good headset to look into

• Like 1

Did you use a custom program or you made it work using the ZED plugin? Is just that the ZED stero rig has horrible tracking and I was looking for a way to use the oculus tracking instead. Something like having the official oculus rig and have the ZED stereo rig as a child of the eye and disable tracking on the ZED prefab. But I couldn't make it work. Also there is the issue that the chroma key prefab is designed as a static camera not for AR applications

I don't have much experience with Oculus, we use Vives, but I have the tracking set up to follow the Vive's tracking and the Zed's tracking is disabled. And the chroma key prefab does take some work to get it to work with the stereo rig. It's been a while but I don't remember it being too bad to get working