Vive Business Streaming -1073740791 : Unknown Error // Help needed

TKDoggo

So after months of waiting to use the new focus 3 with steam vr, I have been unable to use it because it keeps giving me this unknown error. My first issue is I was not able to click the gear to open the settings window, and after 30 back and forth emails I was told to revert the beta, now I am only getting this error no matter what I do, Ive reinstalled windows, reinstalled steam, vbs, everything and have no idea what is wrong. I've spent too much money on the focus 3 and I'm unable to use it, I bought the headset and all the accessories almost a year ago and have not been able to use it since. I would like to use the headset or have it refunded.

Screenshot 2023-04-24 175308.pngScreenshot2023-04-24175452.thumb.png.6bbedc55b5b93f975c1f0348fd313a0e.png

Edited by TKDoggo

12 hours ago, Fabian95 said:

Hey TKDoggo,

Did you also try to factory reset the Focus itself ?

Yes, even switching to basic to beta and so forth

8 hours ago, C.T. said:

What's the VBS version you currently have?

I assume the latest one is installed when the program is reinstalled, I have no control over what version is being used.

Edited by TKDoggo

3 hours ago, TKDoggo said:

Yes, even switching to basic to beta and so forth

I assume the latest one is installed when the program is reinstalled, I have no control over what version is being used.

Got it. 
Try uninstall and delete everything from this folder C:\Program Files\VIVE Business Streaming\
Then install the VBS once again, some how the server crashed for unknown issues. 

If this doesn't work, please submit a ticket to me. you can just write for C.T. forum TKDoggo in the description, so that I can find it faster. 
I'll get back to you as soon as I receive it. 

19 hours ago, C.T. said:

Got it. 
Try uninstall and delete everything from this folder C:\Program Files\VIVE Business Streaming\
Then install the VBS once again, some how the server crashed for unknown issues. 

If this doesn't work, please submit a ticket to me. you can just write for C.T. forum TKDoggo in the description, so that I can find it faster. 
I'll get back to you as soon as I receive it. 

Uninstalling the program deletes the folder, I also tried deleting the folder and reinstalling the program and still have the same issue. I assume you mean submitting a ticket through vbs so that is what I did, putting "for C.T. forum TKDoggo" in the description.

Thanks

On 4/27/2023 at 5:28 AM, TKDoggo said:

Uninstalling the program deletes the folder, I also tried deleting the folder and reinstalling the program and still have the same issue. I assume you mean submitting a ticket through vbs so that is what I did, putting "for C.T. forum TKDoggo" in the description.

Thanks

@TKDoggoI'll DM you a private release to check if the issue resolve soon. Sorry for the delay. 

• 5 months later...
31 minutes ago, LVM said:

@C.T. Did you ever find a general solution to the 1073740791 error? I'm facing the exact same problem as @TKDoggo despite uninstalling and removing VBS and doing a reinstall.

Let me double check with team, I thought we have already included the solution in the latest release.  get back to you soon.

@LVMCan you trigger an issue report and let me have R&D to take a look in parallel?

• Like 1

@C.T. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like I can send a report directly because I don't have admin access on the computer I'm using for VBS because it's for work. I do have the .zip RRlog though — what is the best way to send that to you?

Also, I see now that my work uses version 1.10.12.0 v0 EN for the VBS it issues to us. That may be why I'm facing the error.