Is there a way to detect and respond to button presses on VR controllers to provide visual feedback in the VR application?

Hi, is there a way to detect and respond to button presses on VR controllers to provide visual feedback in the VR application?

For this image, the VR application displays the controller but, in the current situation, doesn't indicate which button is being pressed. I am wondering if there's a method to achieve this, such as highlighting the button in blue in the app when a button is pressed.

Viveinpututility.jpg

@chengnay I was able to display the controller and the controller tips with Focus 3.I have 2 questions.

1. Is there anyway hight the color of the menu button? I know that it highlights when I press the button, but I want to highlight the color when it's still.

2. Can I only display text on a few buttons, such as only the menu and trigger buttons?

Hi @1099,

For #1, if you are using the black color controller model from Wave, there is button effect for menu on left controller. You might need to customize your own model in order to highlight whole button.

image.png.b8ce23d10e7b543af4ba97e0fc70607d.png

For #2, VIU did provide tooltips for buttons, but currently it is not working. We are trying to fix it ASAP.

@chengnay ok, good to know. Thank you for your response.

I have one additional question. Is it possible to build for Oculus using WaveXR provider? I tried it, but the Oculus app is not launching after I built it. I am wondering if I need to do additional step.