Register button for OpenXR doesn't appear to work on VBS Client?

RobP

Howdy folks!

This one could be a 'me' issue - but I have been looking to get OpenXR up and running for my Vive Focus 3 and have attempted to use the 'Register' button in the VBS Client (see attached image), but this doesn't seem to do anything.

Is there anything I'm missing?

This is on Windows 11 and the VBS client version is 1.11.3b BETA.

Thanks

RobP

OpenXR.png

• Like 1

Sorry to make the confuse.

This OpenXR Register in VBS Console is to register those OpenXR extensions which needs to go through VBS connection, such as eye and facial tracking extension.

So, the PC OpenXR contents can use eye and facial tracking on Focus 3 via VBS streaming connection.

If your meet trouble to run PC OpenXR via VBS, please check this troubleshooting to set SteamVR as your default OpenXR Runtime.

https://business.vive.com/us/support/vbs/category_howto/trouble-with-openxr-titles.html

1 hour ago, jiunlin said:

Sorry to make the confuse.

This OpenXR Register in VBS Console is to register those OpenXR extensions which needs to go through VBS connection, such as eye and facial tracking extension.

So, the PC OpenXR contents can use eye and facial tracking on Focus 3 via VBS streaming connection.

If your meet trouble to run PC OpenXR via VBS, please check this troubleshooting to set SteamVR as your default OpenXR Runtime.

https://business.vive.com/us/support/vbs/category_howto/trouble-with-openxr-titles.html

Thanks! That will be me mis-understanding what the button does! 🙂

Does that mean the Vive Focus 3 is OpenXR enabled by default? And the above button is only used to enable the additional extensions?

On 7/6/2023 at 7:06 PM, RobP said:

Thanks! That will be me mis-understanding what the button does! 🙂

Does that mean the Vive Focus 3 is OpenXR enabled by default? And the above button is only used to enable the additional extensions?

Correct. VIVE Focus 3 supports OpenXR apps by default.

For the accessories on Focus 3, that will need extensions support from SteamVR itself or from additional API layers provided via VBS.

For example, eye and facial tracking extension support are done via OpenXR API layer from VBS; while VIVE Focus 3 controller profile and VIVE Tracker (when you emulate VIVE Wrist Tracker as VIVE Tracker) extensions support are from SteamVR.

• Like 1