VIVE XR Elite Software 1.0.999.374 – Release Notes

C.T.

VIVE XR Elite Software (FOTA 4.5) 1.0.999.374
Released June 30, 2023

User experience improvements

• PC connections: 
    • Added a PIN code option for pairing devices when connecting to a PC without a monitor. (VIVE Streaming Hub 1.2.1 or later is required.)
    • Added a pairing shortcut to the PC content library for pairing devices with a PC using VIVE Streaming Hub.
  • Added a notification to tell you whether your power source is supplying enough power to the headset if you’re using VIVE XR Elite without the battery cradle.
  • Instant mode: Added a notification to re-center the headset when you’re outside the safety boundary.
  • Enhanced Wi-Fi performance and compatibility.
  • Enhanced USB Type-C compatibility with USB-C dongles (for example, when using wireless earphones with the headset).

Fixed issues

• Fixed a bug that caused Miracast to become unstable after casting for a long time.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the safety boundary to malfunction when using OpenXR content.

Enterprise features

• Added support for VIVE Business+.

20 hours ago, Wilson So said:

When I try to update my headset, it says "unable to update headset, please try again". I cannot update my headset at all.

Never mind, I have resolved my issue. I figured out that updates are not allowed in the glasses mode.

After a few hours of messing around wondering why it wouldn't update @Wilson So Thanks for that note on this finally got it updated.
would be nice if there was some feedback in the error message not just "can't update", not even a cryptic error code. Also why can we not update when connected to an always on power source and we have to update using a battery? Seems a bit odd, I mean I can unplug the batter or it can die just as easily as I can unplug it from my computer when doing an update.

• Like 1

We are developing an MR application for the VIVE XR Elite that can be used in large areas. Please let me know how to disable the safety perimeter as this content is meant to be enjoyed while moving about 100m.

On 7/8/2023 at 11:30 PM, VulkanX said:

After a few hours of messing around wondering why it wouldn't update @Wilson So Thanks for that note on this finally got it updated.
would be nice if there was some feedback in the error message not just "can't update", not even a cryptic error code. Also why can we not update when connected to an always on power source and we have to update using a battery? Seems a bit odd, I mean I can unplug the batter or it can die just as easily as I can unplug it from my computer when doing an update.

We will adjust the updating mechanism. It will be fixed in the next update.

• 3 weeks later...

Any chance you'd enlighten us to the technical deficiency that prevents Vive Streaming to Flow (if it isn't just a software limit)? Given that it's also XR2, has great 6DOF tracking and can surely decode streamed video just fine (I say this as someone who's done live streaming for Samsung, to GearVR, circa 2014-2016), I wonder. I'd love to get streaming from my flow (so it can continue to be used by my kids if nothing else) rather than having to go to the Elite now, when I'm prepared to wait one more product cycle to get the PPD I seek 😄 

On 8/2/2023 at 2:40 AM, rainabba said:

Any chance you'd enlighten us to the technical deficiency that prevents Vive Streaming to Flow (if it isn't just a software limit)? Given that it's also XR2, has great 6DOF tracking and can surely decode streamed video just fine (I say this as someone who's done live streaming for Samsung, to GearVR, circa 2014-2016), I wonder. I'd love to get streaming from my flow (so it can continue to be used by my kids if nothing else) rather than having to go to the Elite now, when I'm prepared to wait one more product cycle to get the PPD I seek 😄 

Vive Flow is actually XR1. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/8/2023 at 10:30 AM, VulkanX said:

I had this issue for a few weeks as I was on a business trip and did not have the battery cradle with me.  Apparently, the reason the cradle needs to be attached before update is allowed due to the need for updating firmware in the battery cradle.