YouTube app

Bees

I can't seem to find a way to install the YouTube app on my XR elite. I'm trying to watch some 360 or 180 videos from YT, and YT has a popup that specifically states you must download the app in order to watch these videos in VR mode. What is the solution for this?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2023 at 1:37 AM, Bees said:

I can't seem to find a way to install the YouTube app on my XR elite. I'm trying to watch some 360 or 180 videos from YT, and YT has a popup that specifically states you must download the app in order to watch these videos in VR mode. What is the solution for this?

Try this, we have integrated YouTube into our Vive video app.
https://www.viveport.com/apps/71b7270b-63ea-4ee1-905b-25fb3c084dbe

29 minutes ago, C.T. said:

Try this, we have integrated YouTube into our Vive video app.
https://www.viveport.com/apps/71b7270b-63ea-4ee1-905b-25fb3c084dbe

This app is very good, and it realizes my imagination of the XR Elite usage environment, but at present, the hand operation is not smooth and it is easy to accidentally touch it. It would be better if it can be strengthened in this regard

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

still can't watch youtube VR content , and also can't login youtube , it did not send login confirm to Phone and you can't use security code because the keyboard not showup when number input focused,

also the keyboard not working well on youtube searchbar , if the searchbar got text in it , you need clear the text first so you can input new text , if clear text and input new text in keyboard textbox will not work

also the cursor on keyboard input textbox is always at begin of text,  not the end , this is so unusual desgin

pls VIVE team , it's already been 6 month and you can't get basic features for an AIO VR device to work

I'm so frustrated with this device and just about to get rid of it, I don't even think I can sell it for 300$ , even quest 2 better than this

On 8/7/2023 at 5:32 AM, dynameis tw said:

still can't watch youtube VR content , and also can't login youtube , it did not send login confirm to Phone and you can't use security code because the keyboard not showup when number input focused,

also the keyboard not working well on youtube searchbar , if the searchbar got text in it , you need clear the text first so you can input new text , if clear text and input new text in keyboard textbox will not work

also the cursor on keyboard input textbox is always at begin of text,  not the end , this is so unusual desgin

pls VIVE team , it's already been 6 month and you can't get basic features for an AIO VR device to work

I'm so frustrated with this device and just about to get rid of it, I don't even think I can sell it for 300$ , even quest 2 better than this

Are you using vive video app?

I was able to login youtube, but not sure if its because of the notification method setting seems to be different from yours? I was able to receive a mail to confirm sign in from google rather than receiving a login confirm from phone.

On 8/8/2023 at 10:47 AM, Suprim Pink said:

Are you using vive video app?

I was able to login youtube, but not sure if its because of the notification method setting seems to be different from yours? I was able to receive a mail to confirm sign in from google rather than receiving a login confirm from phone.

the login method is base on google account setting I believe , and I don''t care if notification not sending is HTC issue or google isssue , but I'm sure the keyboard bug is HTC issue,

the vive video app is just a browser, don't know why they need do it twice , just update vive browser and make it better , not just copying opensource repo (it loook like wolvic to me) and replace the icon