XR Elite Streaming Extreme Stutter when Focus 3 is fine

ChrisMa130

On 12/3/2023 at 7:38 AM, ChrisMa130 said:

Like I said in the topic, When using the exact same settings and wifi, xr elite would stutter extremely bad when using wifi streaming, and Focus 3 would have 0 problem.

Any idea why this happens?

Had similar issues myself. Not whether the WiFi antenna is smaller than in the Focus 3 (or in a worse location), but there is definitely a difference.

I ended up having to move an AP closer to the play area to overcome the issues.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jiunlin said:

Hi @ChrisMa130, same PC? Could you help to check if USB streaming work smooth with XR Elite?

@jiunlinIt works fine with USB. Over WiFi I get one bar of streaming status even when I am point blank to the router. Just checked with multiple other users as well they all have this problem. The XR Elite is practically unusable via wi-fi streaming. I was using Wi-Fi 6 and not 6E also.

Edited by ChrisMa130

@jiunlinjust tried wifi 6E as well, initially it would be real smooth with 3 bars green signal, then overtime it would become one bar red signal, even if I am point blank to the router, pretty much the same thing as using wifi 6. I am also doing location-based vr, so I am moving around in a 150 meter square area, but like I said, after the problem happens, no matter where I stand, the signal is always one bar with extreme stutter even if I am point blank to the router.

Edited by ChrisMa130

https://communityforums.atmeta.com/t5/Get-Help/Known-Isssue-Unstable-wifi-covarage-with-Quest-3-on-some-Router/m-p/1097744

This problem is completely identical to Meta Quest3 vs Quest 2 streaming problem. Quest 3 would have a stuttering streaming compared to Quest 2 given completely same environment, and it only happens to certain brands of routers. The root of the problem is as follow:

Quoting the technician's words:'Quest3's wireless connection rate strategy is more aggressive in terms of speed reduction. Once it encounters wireless packet loss or interference, it will reduce the negotiation rate on a large scale, thus affecting the actual wireless performance.'

Could this also be what's happening with XR Elite vs Focus 3 as well?

4 hours ago, Alex_HTC said:

Can you check the network signal strength using a tool like wifi analyzer https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer and maybe alter the channel that your router is on in response to one with less interference?

Yes, I did use similar tools and made sure that there is abosolutely no inteference. It seems the problem is that XR Elite has difficulty recovering from a temporary packet or frame loss.

@Alex_HTC @jiunlin I downloaded Virtual Desktop, and I find that the streaming speed on XR Elite would frequently drop to around 200Mbps and then come back to the normal speed. I bought puppis s1 and it comes with a connection status indicator, I can see that the connection status is always unstable when I connect the xr elite to it, whereas if I connect it with Oculus or Focus 3, then it would always display a stable connection indicator. There is etiher something wrong with the WIFI hardware with XR Elite or something wrong with the firmware.