Marker-Based LBSS features PCVR APIs unavailable because it uses OpenVR Loader instead of OpenXR

ChrisMa130

On the tutorials posted on this forum, it doesn't mention anything about calling any methods within Unity or Unreal. However, on the tutorial listed on the Vive LBE website, it says we need to call corresponding APIs.

I am asking this because the APIs don't work: I am doing PCVR and using the latest Vive OpenXR plugin, and the current tutorial listed on the Vive LBE website still uses OpenVR Loader to function. There is no way that I can call that API on PC using the latest Vive OpenXR plugin. 

So, my question is can Marker-Based Scene Alignment, Location-Sharing and Drift Prevention work without calling any APIs in my PCVR game?

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem. I  would like to use these features in an Unreal 5.3 PC VR application. The API uses OpenVR.Debug.DriverDebugRequest() calls, which were available in custom UE4.27 engine, where steamvr plugin was modified.

In UE5.3 there is no steamvr plugin, so there is no chance to access this API.

Hi,

For OpenXR contents to call MBLS API, we now provide VBS PC SDK for this purpose to get rid of OpenVR.Debug.DriverDebugRequest().

Sorry that some documents are not yet updated. Please check here for VBS PC SDK.

7 hours ago, jiunlin said:

Hi,

For OpenXR contents to call MBLS API, we now provide VBS PC SDK for this purpose to get rid of OpenVR.Debug.DriverDebugRequest().

Sorry that some documents are not yet updated. Please check here for VBS PC SDK.

Thank you for this update, I was able to use VBS PC SDK to get this to work, but I have a few questions (I am using Unity 2023.2.8f1):

1. Does the headset need to scan the markers when running my program for Scene Alignment to work? (I am talking about "PLAYER00StartScan" command)

It seems that the scanning feature was used only for MB Location Sharing. For Scene Alignment, it seems that ArCuo Code was done at the map creation phase, and the code can be removed after map is created and calibrated with the ArCuo Code.

All I need to do is just to push the "PLAYER00InitMA" command with the corresponding marker settings, correct?

2. In the MBSA tutorials posted on Vive website, the setting that issent via WVRGetParameters ends with "size". However, when I created the markers_list.json via ArCuo code generator, my markers_list.json include these "pose" (position, and rotation) data. Should I include them in my code when I push them via VS_WVRGetParameters? or is it simply something that needs to be included for calibrating the map on the mobile App only, and must be removed in the code when using WVRGetParameters?

3. I could never reset the Scene Alignment or Location Sharing, because I don't believe WVRSetParameters work(GetParameters does work) when using VBS PC SDK. Any guides on that?

4. Is there any tutorial as to how VS_SetCallBackFunction work when using it in Unity? I did get it to work, but the content is incomprehensible.

Thank you!

On 2/21/2024 at 2:26 AM, jiunlin said:

Hi,

Hi jiunlin,

Instead of a link to VBS PC SDK I see this message:

Sorry, we can't show this content because you do not have permission to see it.

Do I need some subscription or license to access that?

On 2/21/2024 at 4:56 PM, ChrisMa130 said:

Thank you for this update, I was able to use VBS PC SDK to get this to work, but I have a few questions (I am using Unity 2023.2.8f1):

1. Does the headset need to scan the markers when running my program for Scene Alignment to work? (I am talking about "PLAYER00StartScan" command)

It seems that the scanning feature was used only for MB Location Sharing. For Scene Alignment, it seems that ArCuo Code was done at the map creation phase, and the code can be removed after map is created and calibrated with the ArCuo Code.

All I need to do is just to push the "PLAYER00InitMA" command with the corresponding marker settings, correct?

2. In the MBSA tutorials posted on Vive website, the setting that issent via WVRGetParameters ends with "size". However, when I created the markers_list.json via ArCuo code generator, my markers_list.json include these "pose" (position, and rotation) data. Should I include them in my code when I push them via VS_WVRGetParameters? or is it simply something that needs to be included for calibrating the map on the mobile App only, and must be removed in the code when using WVRGetParameters?

3. I could never reset the Scene Alignment or Location Sharing, because I don't believe WVRSetParameters work(GetParameters does work) when using VBS PC SDK. Any guides on that?

4. Is there any tutorial as to how VS_SetCallBackFunction work when using it in Unity? I did get it to work, but the content is incomprehensible.

Thank you!

Hi,

for your questions, here's our feedback.

1. The marker scanning process should be done using the mobile app “ VIVE Manager” after creating the LBE map, there’s no need to set the marker scanning APIs for MBSA.

2. Please follow the guideline for setting up the APIs. Replace the numbers (which are shown in blue) from the examples with the ones you’re using.

3. Could you give us more details about your expectation of the “resetting the Scene Alignment or Location Sharing”? for example, what’s your use case of resetting them? What do you mean by “resetting”?

• 1 month later...
On 3/5/2024 at 11:26 PM, Sally said:

Hi,

for your questions, here's our feedback.

1. The marker scanning process should be done using the mobile app “ VIVE Manager” after creating the LBE map, there’s no need to set the marker scanning APIs for MBSA.

2. Please follow the guideline for setting up the APIs. Replace the numbers (which are shown in blue) from the examples with the ones you’re using.

3. Could you give us more details about your expectation of the “resetting the Scene Alignment or Location Sharing”? for example, what’s your use case of resetting them? What do you mean by “resetting”?

2. I followed the steps 100% and the scene alignment is still not happening. Have you personally tested if Scene Alignment works with VBS SDK?

3. I may need to reset the Anchor when using VO Location Sharing. 

Hi,

2. For MBSA, just to confirm the setup flow, does VIVE Manager shows "save map success" after scanning the MBSA markers? 

3. For resetting the position with VO marker based location sharing, you can set the API to trigger the scaning process again after your marker position (anchor) has been changed.

On 4/12/2024 at 3:07 AM, Sally said:

Hi,

2. For MBSA, just to confirm the setup flow, does VIVE Manager shows "save map success" after scanning the MBSA markers? 

3. For resetting the position with VO marker based location sharing, you can set the API to trigger the scaning process again after your marker position (anchor) has been changed.

2. Yes, I confirm the map was saved successfully and everything went exactly as shown in the tutorial. However the MBSA just isn't happening using VBS SDK.