Changing Proximity Sensor/Screen Timeout via ADB

noobsVR

Hello!

Is there a possibility to push a setting to the focus 3 headset via ADB to extend the proximity sensor timeout?  For example, it currently will shut the screen off in about 3 seconds.  Curious if we could push a setting to extend this to 10-15 seconds?  Using the headsets in a free-roam LBE environment, and would like to be able to keep the screen on a little longer to help when people pop their headsets off for a little bit to scratch eyes/etc... 

In speaking with a colleague, it looks like some of the content we use (third party developer) aren't on the latest version of the Wave SDK, so the headset halts (instead of clocking down) when the proximity sensor triggers the screen to shut off. So other players see them disappear very quickly

I am hoping that extending the proximity timeout would possibly mitigate it temporarily, until the developers can implement the latest SDK.

Thanks!

Devin, noobs VR

Hi @noobsVR,

To change timeout setting for proximity sensor is related to battery life and DoU, so you can have two options from system level.

One is to change from Focus 3 Setting Page, and the other one we provide VIVE Business Plus service for enterprise customers to manage this setting to apply multiple devices.

Thanks.

Thanks Tony!  Though, on both VB+ and the focus 3 settings page, The only setting we see (in headset settings and VB+) is for the headset 'sleep' timer...  not the screen shut off that the proximity sensor triggers right away.  Am I missing something? 

We have our sleep timer set through VB+ higher already, but the issue is that the headset stops reporting location data to the gameserver after the proximity sensor turns the screen off (about 3 seconds).  hence, the player disappears from other player's view too quickly.

About 3 sec to turn off the screen after proximity sensor isn't cover is our design. 

And the "sleep" timer mean the period when the system really enter the suspend mode, and before that time the overall system (like tracking data should be valid).

After quick check internally, one potential cause is the WAVE SDK design change.

May I know if you use SDK version prior to 5.2.2? 

If yes, you can use newer version which may ensure the system is alive in these interval before enter sleep.

Hope this can resolve your issue.

yes, the software was developed using a prior version.  this one is by a third party developer, so i'll have to await them to implement the updated SDK, i was just hoping for a temporary quick fix in the meantime - but it makes sense that we can't adjust the proximity timeout.  we'll give that feedback to the developers and have them update.

thank you for your reply - much appreciated.  happy new year!

• Like 1