Vive Streaming Hub 1.5.11 SteamVR connectivity issue

wenergy

I've been using my Vive XR Elite for PCVR for some time now without issue, but after updating to Vive Streaming Hub 1.5.11 SteamVR no longer recognizes my headset.  The error that has been popping up is "SteamVR Initialization Failed HMD Not Found Error 108"

I've tried connecting via USB, which worked for a little while but after disconnecting and trying to launch a title via wifi, I get the same issue.  The headset will indefinitely hang in the Vive streaming screen, while on my PC I will see the error message.  I've tried opting into the Vive Streaming Hub beta, but that did not resolve the issue.

I've tried to factory reset my headset, but after doing so it seems like I can now no longer even connect to SteamVR via USB.

I was thinking to downgrade to the previous version of Vive Streaming Hub, but I cannot find a link to that online.  Any ideas on how to get back up and running with SteamVR?

I've also tried to uninstall and reinstall SteamVR, which did not fix anything.  When launching SteamVR, it immediately says Headset Not Detected, whereas before the streaming hub update it would say something like the headset is in standby mode and use it to wake it up.

5 hours ago, wenergy said:

I've also tried to uninstall and reinstall SteamVR, which did not fix anything.  When launching SteamVR, it immediately says Headset Not Detected, whereas before the streaming hub update it would say something like the headset is in standby mode and use it to wake it up.

What if you launch the steamVR from your headset's pc library? any good?

Launching SteamVR from the headset doesn't work.  As mentioned, the headset will indefinitely hang on the Vive streaming splash screen before it used to go into SteamVR.  When I open SteamVR on my PC, I immediately now see the error message of Headset Not Detected.  It didn't do that before the update to Streaming Hub.

On 4/2/2024 at 4:36 AM, wenergy said:

Launching SteamVR from the headset doesn't work.  As mentioned, the headset will indefinitely hang on the Vive streaming splash screen before it used to go into SteamVR.  When I open SteamVR on my PC, I immediately now see the error message of Headset Not Detected.  It didn't do that before the update to Streaming Hub.

In this update, we've made some changes so that if you manually launch SteamVR on PC, it will not launch as VIVE XR Elite. We've received feedback from users that we were too aggressive in taking over SteamVR. It is now recommended to launch SteamVR from the PC Library inside XR Elite.

I suggest going to the PC Connection in the XRE Settings. Then, try to find and reconnect your PC once again.

Afterwards, you should see the VIVE Hub indicating that it's ready. It should be functioning properly from there.

image.png.b95873c4fbbd191d9a23f1cff250b8da.png

I have the same issue. SteamVR says, headset not detected. Vive streaming hub is fine. Have reinstalled steamvr and followed the recommended steps to resolve the issue but no luck. Launching steamvr from steam doesn't help. I'm dead in the water. 

Note: this all happened after trying to implement Wave in unity. But have rebooted many times since then so there is no running server.

Edited by Lacota

On 4/3/2024 at 9:43 PM, Lacota said:

I have the same issue. SteamVR says, headset not detected. Vive streaming hub is fine. Have reinstalled steamvr and followed the recommended steps to resolve the issue but no luck. Launching steamvr from steam doesn't help. I'm dead in the water. 

Note: this all happened after trying to implement Wave in unity. But have rebooted many times since then so there is no running server.

Hey, there will be conflicts between Direct Preview and VIVE Streaming. If you want to switch back and forth, make sure to stop one of the services first before switching.

https://hub.vive.com/storage/docs/en-us/UnityXR/UnityXRDirectPreview.html

Yes, I've discovered this. This was a result of not being able to actually Quit Direct Preview. You can select Quit from the menu but it does nothing. You have to run something else like Vive Business which forces Direct Preview to shut down. 

Hi C.T., thanks so much for the feedback. 

It's working now, and the new method of launching SteamVR is a more streamlined approach.  Seems to be a really great update.