Vive games not showing in viveport app

AwkwardPengu1n

I have the same exact problem as described in this thread. What I can add is the following:

Once an app is chosen, I go back to Viveport tab (desktop app) for download. The download never works (check server later, ...bla bla). But if I then go to Settings - Report Issue, I am able to get a new Download link that works. The download is done at the default location (C:\ProgramData\HTC\Vive\ViveApps) and not my chosen directory but that is another issue.

The apps still don't show up in the Library of the Viveport Desktop app so I can't play them from there, but if the app is not encrypted (*.vpk) I can play it with a direct link to the *.exe. But most app are encrypted so I don't have access to the majority of my apps!!!!

Whatever is blocking the download could be responsible for the problem. And since Vive knows how to go around that via "Report Issue", maybe they can tell us what to do?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

, are you able to use the Report Issue button to submit a log? If you submit a report and PM me the ticket ID, I can follow up with it internally. Some of these issues may be related to the windows registry. Have you tried launching Viveport as a Administrator (right-click -> launch as admin)? Does that alter the behavior for instance being able to accept the correct option for the file storage location? 

Archived