Vive Controller's trackpads do not click to the right of the trackpad.

Rus

Got hold of support.

Apparently out-of-warranty repairs can only be done in Houston TX. I'm in Canada so you can only imagine how long the back-and-forth sending would be. It would also cost $110.

Pretty upset about this, considering it's a design flaw and really should be covered.

Looks like I'll be trying a solo repair based on YouTube videos that outline the issue and how to fix it.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ryan,

Please send me whatever info you have sent to  as he is out for the holidays.

Where are you located?  If your vive was purchased within the last 12 months then it is in warranty.  Our repair centers will process the repairs assuming no user induced damages occured.  If you try to repair yourself, that will void the warranty for that controller if you do need to send it in.

Thank you,

JohnG

Hi I had a similar problem with the VIVE track pad. I received my VIVE in September on the 27 and wasn't able to play it till middle of October, due to lack of hardware needed. I rarely played on the VIVE and was extremely careful with it because lets face it. The VIVE isn't cheap. I love the product and think that the VIVE staff has done incredible work. But upon playing the VIVE for only roughly 120 hours of careful play my one controller has stopped clicking on the right side of the track pad. I though well maybe I could get use to playing without it and after about 2 hours of not having my right side of my track pad it suddenly popped off. I'm not certified to fix the controller but pushing the track pad back in didn't work. so I am out of a track pad on my VIVE controller. It is still attached perfectly just popped out. Why it popped out is beyond me and quiet frankly I don't have the money to buy a new controller every 2 months of rarely playing my VIVE. Everything else works I was wondering if I could perhaps mail my current controller to you and the VIVE staff to repair and resell after you have it fixed. In return mail me a new controller. I do not believe that I should pay for a poorly made product. My other controller on the other hand works perfectly fine and I love playing the VIVE with it. If we could get this mess sorted out that would be amazing. Thank you very much for your time, I hope to hear from you and continue to be a paying loyal customer. Have a wonderful day.

I have emailed support several times and scan.co.uk who i bought my vive from and no one is getting back to me. Less than 2 weeks and after alot of google time i find out this is a design flaw that isnt getting fixed.its a bloody expensive unit and using cheap parts isnt acceptable. I now have a controller i cant use and i was only just getting into fallout 4.

• 1 month later...

I don’t see how HTC are still allowed to sell such a faulty product. 

The reason I say this is I bought my Vive from online retailers. They all have return/repair/refund on faulty products. 

Well am now on my 4th Vive, since October 2017. And the 4th one has just developed the exact same fault as the other 3. One of the controllers stopped working on the top right of the trackpad. 

Each time I have refunded, then re bought the vive. 

So when I now refund this 4th vive I will of basically had the vive for 5 months for free. 

If HTC are stupid enough to keep selling a product that constantly develops the exact same fault, they deserve to keep replacing it. 

How is it legal to sell such a faulty product though?

Anyway, the way this is going,I’ll just keep refunding until the vive pro is out, then hopefully that won’t have the same problems. 

Archived