Grip buttons not working after forced Vive desktop update.

x32

Looks like Pierhead Arcade hasn't update since October. I don't always test it after trying a fix so I don't know when it started working again. Also, the thumbpad is now working with Trials on Tatooine again, so two games fixed... somehow. I haven't gone through every game but I'm pretty sure there are more than just these last two left. I test Dinosaur Park (menu button) and Ocean Rift (grip buttons) because they are two games I play all the time.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have learned how to backup the games to an external hard drive. Now I'm at the point I'm ready to wipe everything VR related clean and reinstall. What is there that won't get deleted by uninstalling Vive and Steam? Any appdata folders or reg entries I would need to manually delete?

I'd almost suggest a full OS reinstall if you can manage that, as far as what needs to go, there's five viveport components, your settings which are going to be under your user folder, but unfortunately there isn't a definitive list of where all the registry keys are. 

Thank you,

-John C

A developer just let me know that the problem was brought on in an update. "its a bit technical what fixed it for me was changing the code that detects grip to GetPressDown(...) instead of GetTouchDown(...) in the code, so I assume that recently Valve changed (or fixed) how they handle input with the grip button" He released an update to his game this morning and now it works fine. It was NEVER an issue with my computer but an issue of being forced to update when everything is working fine.

Archived