Where to buy SteamVR tracking 2.0

Damir

I think the right thing to do since HTC doesn't know how to is to order the complete set and when it comes in put the new headset into the old pre order headset box and get a refund.  Maybe they will understand that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've also bought the Vive PRO headset to use with the original Vive's base stations and controllers and i'd also be very interested in buying a package of 2.0 base stations and controllers, since i'm thinking about using both the original vive as well as the PRO.

Also, HTC, if you want to show a little appreciation and thanks to all us early adopters, feel free to offer it at a discounted price to all owners of both the original Vive and the PRO. :smileywink:

We're listening closely to all of our customers - it's not that we don't care. There are Vive Pro customers that do not have an issue with the pricing so it actually depends on the audience/context.   Regarding base stations for SteamVR Tracking 2.0, currently, these base stations are only included with our Vive Pro VR System kit available here: https://enterprise.vive.com and we'll let you know if that changes.

wrote:

Regarding base stations for SteamVR Tracking 2.0, currently, these base stations are only included with our Vive Pro VR System kit available here:
 and we'll let you know if that changes.

Hmm, TBH that sounds like HTC doesn't even PLAN to bring out a 2.0 package without the HMD in the near future. :smileyfrustrated:

So, I was sold a Vive Pro headset that is functionally a paper weight without the base stations; no where on the sales site did it mention that the standalone headset was for previous owners. I would like a 2.0 base station, so I can have more than paper weight. Sell it to me.

I've been told recently by HTC that the full kit is all they can do.  I have the HTC Vive Pro headset with the older steamvr 1.0 base stations and wands.  Really ridiculous that I can't buy the base stations and wands when they're available in the larger kit.  Especially as I purchased the original HTC Vive and now the Pro.  Even if they're not made available on the website they should offer base stations and wands to Pro owners who bought the HMD only.  

In the last reponse from HTC they said that new announcments were coming soon.  Soon can mean anything but hoping to hear something during E3 next week.

, the launch of 2.0 accessories will occur when it can be fully supported. The user experience is still not finalized and we are still in the early days of the 2.0 lifecycle. Basestations that currently ship with the Pro kit achieve functional parity with SteamVR 1.0 basestations, albeit with additional range. 

Archived