Where to buy SteamVR tracking 2.0

Damir

As a VivePro headset pre-order customer, I can't believe that  A) you released the full bundle so shortly after releasing the HMD when it was stated that the 2.0 tracking would be some time later in the year, implying a later quarter.  B) considering A. why you wouldn't have at least allowed the pre-order customers to complete their pro set purchase.    If you really cared, you would have at least offerered some kind of brown box add-on to the vive-pro hmd customers.    Having pretty packaging is pretty distant on my list of things I care about.   But what I do care about is that I paid for an expensive item with the promise of some further enhancements (2.0 tracking) that was then released a few weeks later but I'm not allowed to have it.   So basically anyone that pre-ordered and then didn't return the item to repurchase the full set is being punished.  How on earth is that good business or showing any bit of caring for your customers?  in short, please send me a 2.0 tracking kit! :)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wrote:

, the launch of 2.0 accessories will occur when it can be fully supported. The user experience is still not finalized and we are still in the early days of the 2.0 lifecycle. Basestations that currently ship with the Pro kit achieve functional parity with SteamVR 1.0 basestations, albeit with additional range. 

Sorry, but I don‘t really understand, what you are trying to say here. You cannot sell 2.0 basestations and controllers seperately because „user experience is still not finalized“? But you are selling them with the HMD already. Are you saying the 2.0 devices still have issues? Then why are you selling them in the complete package?

I too purchased the Pro HMD believing a full 2.0 package to come out at a later quarter (which is what you told people!). Then it came out just a few weeks afterwards.

I would like to set up a second VR rig and with 2.0 around the corner (or rather already available), there is no way i‘m still buying 1.0 hardware. So all i (and the others here) can do is wait for HTC (or some other company) to make them available for purchase. Or is there some way we can upgrade or switch our Pro HMD for a full bundle?

, the basestations that are currently shipping with the Pro Full kit currently support a featureset that's analogous to basestation 1.0's featureset. Advanced features will be added via a software update in the future and we will communicate additional information about the broader launch plans for 2.0 accessories at the earliest opportunity. 

Same as everyone , soon soon soon...

tell us something we dont know about it...

There is no compensation for all of us we bought PRO in pre-order, we are stupid to do pre-orders.

We must be careful not to fall into the same trap.

• 3 weeks later...

This is completely absurd!!! I pre-ordered Vive Pro and want to get Lighthouse 2.0 tracking to finish off my kit.

And now the basestations and controllers are in production BUT I can't purchase them?

I can't believe this!!

• 2 weeks later...

, as stated above a release will occur as soon as it can be fully supported. At this time, most of BS2.0's feature set, which is managed by Valve, are not on the main branch and not consumer ready. Our goal is to launch 2.0 to a broader audience at the earliest opportunity that it can be fully supported.

Hey, this is the first valid response I personally have received regarding release prospects. However I am now deeply concerned that if this is not main branch, then full support could be a ways out, in which case if for some reason LH2.0 on my HMD is flawed, then the warranty phase may be expired before I can have my HMD repaired/replaced (another nasty reason not to ever use pre-order). Please guys, speed things up a little!!

Archived