Where to buy SteamVR tracking 2.0

Damir

, to reiterate, SteamVR is a Valve technology and while we partner with Valve to bring it to market, Valve owns the SteamVR product roadmap. For instance, Valve actually physically manufacturers 2.0 basestations, not HTC.  Additional features will be added via firmware and software updates over time. 

I'm not following you on the comment about LH being flawed on your specific HMD. The ASICs used within the Pro are the only 2.0 ASICs available to SteamVR licensees. If you have a Pro HMD, it will work with a 1.0 or 2.0 basestation. If you're already using your Pro HMD with 1.0 basestations, than your ASICs are definitely functional because the HMD wouldn't track if they were defective.

When we launch additional accessories, you'll be able to upgrade to 2.0 if you so choose. For most home customers, there is not a tremendous advantage to 2.0; it's really more of an enterprise featureset. Unless you have a massive environment you'd like to track or have issues running multiple HMDs in the same area, there really isn't any reason to get anxious about the release status of 2.0 as it's not a quantum leap in UX but simply builds upon what Valve has accomplished with 1.0 stations. While you can array 4 lighthouses via the beta branch, it's not really a consumer ready UX as of this post hence why it's beta branched.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I'm not following you on the comment about LH being flawed". Being that I have never used LH2.0 I do not share the same confidence level as you do, and want to know my product is bug free for the purpose I purchased it for.

I do have a larger than am currently able to utilize playspace, and the current lighthouse 1.0 base stations are very inadiquate for my development pruposes, I was sold on the four base stations (minimal occlusion) configuration.

But hey, guess HTC's gonna do what HTC's gonna do, I dont care if it is a valve thing, I purchased the HMD from you, and you are selling the LH2.0 base stations, just not to anyone who currently owns the HMD is all. Am I wrong for believing that to be obtusely unfair??

• 2 weeks later...

I am beginning to feel as though HTC and Valve are really shady companies who sell their products on broken promises and false hopes.

Well, I would not hesitate to toss this Vive pro in the scrap pile if competetors come along and blow Lighthouse2 out of the water with alternative technologies, maybe then you'll feel more inclined to live up to your customer's needs and provide solutions in a timely manner.

I hope someday soon a good company like Razer comes to compeat with you, and maybe you will loose your foothold on this market due to customer resintment. I dislike your conduct HTC, very much and no longer trust you.

Where the hell are the LightHouse 2.0 accessories for my Vive Pro pre-order???????????

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just curious what they did for you?

In the same position as you are. I just picked up a Pro Headseat for my fiancé and couldn’t image it wouldn’t have the accessories you need to actually USE IT! Worse part is I first went and dropped $3000 on a new computer for it ;(

They don't care. My 2.0 started the red blink after only 3 weeks. Sent it tin for repairs . They said it would be up to 2 was for the repairs. It's over 2 was and they still haven't touched it. HEY VIVE : take care of your customers

Take care of your customers. Roll out the 2.0 accessories . I spent $1400. And only got to play 3 weeks. Sent in for repairs. Vive doesn't have enough people to make repairs on time. Told me it would only take UP TO 2 weeks. Two weeks are up and no one has even looked at it. Unacceptable. Get your **bleep** together and show some commitment to your customers. If you can't fix it on time.  Since mine is only 3 weeks old send me a new one. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived