Vive pro shipping customer support lies constantly

I preordered my Vive Pro on March 20th and still havent heard anything.  Isn't the point of preordering to get something at launch or at least shipped then.  Everytime I contact support they give me a different date for it to be shipped.  I was first told April 9th it would be shipped by vive support and it never happened.  I feel like the support just constantly lies just to get you off the chat.  Possibly one of the worse supports i've ever had to deal with.  Like if you dont know say you dont have a date for it to ship.  Dont tell me something that isn't true when you are representing a company.  This is possible one of the worsest preorders I have ever known of.  Doesnt ship on time so lie to your customers when they contact your support cause we dont know when its gonna be sent out.  Like i was mildly annoyed when it wasn't shipped out on launch, but to tell me it will be shipped on monday the saturday after launch and for it to not be sent, then when I contacted them again i get told later in the week it should be shipped and still nothing.  Today they told me 2-3 weeks.   They already took the money out of my paypal which at the time they didnt have anything stating that it would be taken out before it shipped, at that time it said that it would be charged when it was shipped.  I read on this forum from Vive support to someone else to contact paypal to see why they charged me before it was shipped, and paypal tells me to contact HTC, or they can do a charge back.  I am about ready to say screw it, charge back and never buy anything from HTC.  Like really I've never been lied to by a big company so much.  Its never ok to lie when you dont know something, making a speculation would be fine if you tell me that is what it is.  But to tell me it will shipped on monday then for it to not thats some BS.  Its been over a week since then and still nothing.  

I preordered as well but much closer to the release date. When I ordered they didn't have this new text on the order page about drawing money from PayPal right away. It simply said that they wouldn't charge until it was shipped.

Here's my most recent message from their support via vive_care@vive.com sent on Apr 13:

Thank you for being patient while we looked into this for you.  We've confirmed that your order is in queue and is waiting on stock.  These orders are filled on a 'first in, first out' basis, however yours in on schedule to be shipped to you within the next two weeks.  We will of course fill it sooner than that if at all possible.  

Looks like they will supposedly ship my unit this or next week.

After I started contacting their support team about the same issue you're having they conveniently changed the order status to "In Progress". Not sure if that means they're actually doing something or just trying to keep me hooked longer. Here's my original rant post if you're interested.

That's interesting.  I put my order in a couple days after yours (just read through your original post).  My status is still "Submitted" not "In Progress" and my credit card was charged already so....yeah.  Honestly I'd be happy with a simple que number and what number is being served now.  You'd think for a company such as this that wouldn't be so difficult.  Something as simple as knowing I'm #476 and they're only shipping #237, or something like that, would at least give me a clue and some peace of mind.

At this point, just from reading through the forums, I'm getting the feeling that the left hand isn't talking to the right.  Like their customer service is scrambling to clear up issues with all us customers but the manufacturing, or somewhere in the build/shipping line, there is a communication breakdown.  At least I hope that's what it is.  If not then yes, they're just covering.  I have seen a lot of very quick responses from customer service agents to these types of posts though, I actually got a response from rep almost immediately after posting here.  Hopefully I will learn something soon.

I canceled my order today. With all the audio/display issues i've been reading about, on top of no ETA. I will put that money towards a nice monitor from a trusted brand instead. I built my pc with vr in mind but my gut tells me not to proceed until they get their customer service in order & maybe a price reduction

I talked to the HTC Twitter support today. They would not tell me any time frame at all.  Only that my "order was processed, but we don't have any tracking number or shipping date yet." ... "Rest assured you will get your order in no time." Uh huh. And as I type this out Amazon has them in stock, I just need the dang controllers and base stations to go with it.

Archived