A more organized forum with Sub?

OlivierJT

While slack CAN be just a "chat platform", its massive 3rd party integrations with just about every productivity app you can think of take it way beyond a simple messaging platform. I do agree that a generic chat experience is useless, but IMHO that's why slack is such an excellent tool for collaboration, sharing and productivity. I can only speak from my experience, which has been overwhelmingly positive in utilizing slack not only for customer support (we integrate it with our helpdesk system and it works fantastic) but also for project management and developer community collab. I absolutely respect the need for a strong forum and helpdesk style support but without strong tagging and information architecture forums can be just as bad as a poorly designed chat platform experience. I tend to use what is easiest and as a software architect and developer who works on multiple concerns, I find messaging platforms that are channel based to be much more efficient in my daily work then email and for me, its a core driver behind my decisions to deploy slack both within and externally to our company. That is just one man's experience though. 

Absolutly,

The idea behind this post is not just for me, Forums are an archived place, users as everywhere needs to be used it correctly to be an effective tool : ie Tag, be short and specific, use [xxx] in title, come back and mark the post [solved] and all that kind of thing.

The chat platforms only work in a tight community and for a QUICK FIX.

There is too much discord/slack things, I have all them muted: you can't concentrate or work otherwise.

I am not coder (but a tech artist), so I need something I can come back too, to find solutions that other people found, to find issue that other have (the nightmare of thinking you did it wrong: spend a day and figure out it was a SDK/software bug.

We need a place with Bug reports and solution solved/ issue raised.

I want to be able to contribute and give feedback too.

Hense the sub folders.

ESPECIALLY since that forum is now kinda public.

So at one point it will be sumbemged by end users that will raise super basic issue completly irrelevant to "us" devs.

Come on HTC forum/social staff, make this happen!

(Thank you)

Archived