Vive Wireless Adapter PCIE Slot

JohnnyBlaze

Hi David,

I appreciate your willingness to get in front of my question, its refreshing when a vendor/partner replies the way you have.

Im curious to know if HTC's postion on this matter has changed or evolved at all? Does HTC recognize the legitimacy of such a need?

Rough numbers show me a huge missed market opportunity here for HTC to not offer this solution in a M.2 / Mobile form factor

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for your contribution on this topic. I for one, greatly appreciate it.

Do you have any further updates on your project here? Anything you would have done different?

I'm going ahead with this now-based on your research

- We're certainly aware that there is a demand for this - especially with VR developers and those who exhibit at events; it's just a limitation of current laptop vs desktop motherboard architecture - the existing product is built on desktop architecture. 

I do not have any additional info at this time - we've identified some combitions of laptop hardware which sorta work - sorta being the opperative word, nothing to write home about. I really wouldn't hold out for this specific product offering to work on laptops - it's a desktop product.

• 1 month later...

I have a PCI-E x1 slot available what is the minimum requirement for that. I believe mine is PCI-E x1 (version 1) or 250mb/s... Does the PCI-E x1 need to be (version 2) or 500mb/s??? I can't find any doc on the requirement.

Archived