SRanipal Getting Started Steps

• 3 months later...

hi so I am new to eye tracking with SRanipal and I currently have two desktops computer 1 and 2, My first install and setup of SRanipal runtime on computer 1 did not work, at that time I did not use uninstall reg tool for the sranipal files, I went on to manually remove files from the file explorer. I have tried finding and remove all files installed by the SRanipal installer and reinstalling SRanipal runtime, but no matter what I do i will always get this error afterwards  

msiexec_2021-01-20_15-00-37.png.314c69130297a84a5d0abaedb368960d.png

After this recurring issue I decided to install the samesetup on my other computer and it work so I continued on with my second computer. Now I just want to know if there is a way to get it to work on computer 1 again. 

Also while performing my first install of SRanpial runtime i was following this guide https://vr.tobii.com/sdk/develop/unity/getting-started/vive-pro-eye/

I also did install the VIVE setup software and uninstalled it a few times properly, I am not sure if that might be the issue too because when i was uninstalling the software setup it mention something about being unable to uninstall the SRranipal service...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/10/2021 at 12:24 PM, nickie123 said:

hi so I am new to eye tracking with SRanipal and I currently have two desktops computer 1 and 2, My first install and setup of SRanipal runtime on computer 1 did not work, at that time I did not use uninstall reg tool for the sranipal files, I went on to manually remove files from the file explorer. I have tried finding and remove all files installed by the SRanipal installer and reinstalling SRanipal runtime, but no matter what I do i will always get this error afterwards  

msiexec_2021-01-20_15-00-37.png.314c69130297a84a5d0abaedb368960d.png

After this recurring issue I decided to install the samesetup on my other computer and it work so I continued on with my second computer. Now I just want to know if there is a way to get it to work on computer 1 again. 

Also while performing my first install of SRanpial runtime i was following this guide https://vr.tobii.com/sdk/develop/unity/getting-started/vive-pro-eye/

I also did install the VIVE setup software and uninstalled it a few times properly, I am not sure if that might be the issue too because when i was uninstalling the software setup it mention something about being unable to uninstall the SRranipal service...

@CorvusNow I have same problem while installing VIVE_SRanipalInstaller_1.3.2.0. Could anyone give me a clear solution except wiping out the computer? It's too late to wiping out the computer.

Edited by wogur110

• 5 months later...

I too am having this problem with the latest SRanipal installer.  I think it got to this point because the VIVE setup tool never completed and I clicked out of it after waiting for like 30 minutes when it said "1 minute until finished" or something similar.  I have tried a few things to get this to work.  I noticed that when "repairing" the install, it will add the files to the folder, but then it hits the 1001 error and removes them.  My thought was I could try to kill the installer after it put all the files on the drive and see if it worked.  Unfortunately, it looks like it's much the same.  I get the following when trying to run sr_runtime.exe

1232369124_2022-03-2022_09_03-sr_runtime.exe-BadImage.png.738d7b3332e79cb9d81df7482533fa9f.png

Which makes sense, because I killed the installer.  So when I try to run the uninstaller, I get this:

600277998_2022-03-2022_01_59-VIVE_SRanipalInstaller.png.3f873df1fb6582b283de0e1c453a3d1b.png

which looks very similar to the other ones...

333555287_2022-03-2022_02_29-Window.png.50f4e46c50656fa1b74a6bbb8f3b6ebd.png

I also tried running CCleaner, and it found a bunch of stuff in the registry that I removed, but unfortunately this did not resolve the issue either.  Any assistance would be appreciated here.

2022-03-20 22_02_47-Window.png

EDIT: I also tried removing everything VIVE and SteamVR related through Add / Remove programs and Steam.  This did not solve the issue.

Edited by DustProductions