HTC Vive - Alernating Green/Red Flashing - Left Eye Flashes Picture/Black, Right Eye All Black

yadferhad

I recently had some display glitches on my Vive HMD, the display turns on and I can see the tracking working, everything is okay for a second, however the right eye starts showing crazy static for about a minute and blacks out, continuing to do this for a while. coming back on and going back out with the static, while the left eye is working just fine but goes black after a while as well.

Here is a video of what happens:

Things I've already tried:

1. I did some research and people who had experienced this recommended replacing the 3-1 cable. I replaced the 3-1 cable, however I'm still experiencing the same problem.
  2. Bypassing the Linkbox and connecting the 3-in-1 cable directly to the PC.
  3. Bypassing the 3-in-1 cable and connecting the small cable straight into the Vive HMD.
  4. Re-installing all the vive usb drivers.

In SteamVR settings, under USB, all my devices are detected except "Hub Controller" under the Link Box section.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey @andreihirata,

Apologies on the issue you're experiencing. Have you tried the above solutions:

1. I did some research and people who had experienced this recommended replacing the 3-1 cable. I replaced the 3-1 cable, however I'm still experiencing the same problem.
  2. Bypassing the Linkbox and connecting the 3-in-1 cable directly to the PC.
  3. Bypassing the 3-in-1 cable and connecting the small cable straight into the Vive HMD.
  4. Re-installing all the vive usb drivers.
  5. The next thing I would check is my GPU drivers. Reinstall them if necessary, but if that doesn't work, I would think that the issue may lie in the HMD itself and you may need to set up an RMA.

• 1 year later...

So I just had this issue.  I all of a sudden mid game got this horrible flickering in my left eye like my trackers weren't working.  Did a couple tests and found it was my HDMI cable.  I run a 25 foot cable from my computer so I can game in my living room so the HDMI being the issue isn't completely ridiculous.  replaced it and works fine.  I hope this helps.  Just try another cable thats kicking around.  Goodluck!