Vive Pro Eye Calibration Initialization Error Troubleshooting

I keep getting the "initialization failed" error when trying to start the calbriation process on my Vive Pro 2 headset, brand new.

I have reinstalled steamvr/ViveConsole and reinstalled and ran the SR_Runtime. I see the correct processes is running but I am not seeing the "EyeChip" in device manager.

Anyone knows what the issue is and how to fix it..??

• 4 months later...

Hi, I am using Vive Pro Eye 2 using the recent SRanipal SDK v. 1.3.6.8 (The latest)

I am researcher who uses VR, and I am recording eye movements during the VR experience.

The unity version I am working with is 2019.3.15 f1 (with legacy OpenVR), and when I run the VR script,

it shows like the following:

[SRanipal] Initial Eye : 1035
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
ViveSR.anipal.Eye.SRanipal_Eye_Framework:StartFramework() (at Assets/ViveSR/Scripts/Eye/SRanipal_Eye_Framework.cs:87)
ViveSR.anipal.Eye.SRanipal_Eye_Framework:Start() (at Assets/ViveSR/Scripts/Eye/SRanipal_Eye_Framework.cs:58)

What is the error code 1035 and how can I solve this?
Is it possible that using a previous SDK version may help up the process?
(FYI, The icon of the SRanipal is shows the Vive Pro Eye’s eye tracking device is in idle mode;
Additionally, calibration from the script works perfectly.
It just cannot initialize the eye query data)

Hi @cocoya,

The logs you provided did not have the information that we wanted.

Please follow instructions to collect the logs again,

1. Right click on SRanipal icon and click Pack log

There will be a message notification after log collection process is completed.

image.png.fe69021f377939c671f478395d0064ca.png

2. You can also manually package log from C:\Users\${user name}\AppData\LocalLow\HTC Corporation\SR_Logs\

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, rexin_zwy said:

hi, i keep getting initialization fail after clicking eye track calibration. the icon of SRanipal was orange at first, then after about 2 seconds it turns to black and keeps black. can someone help? i really need the eye tracking now.😭

SteamVR-2024-10-14-PM_01_08_57.txt 3.63 MB · 0 downloads ViveSR_Log.cab 998 B · 0 downloads

update: i reinstalled the SRanipal, the initialization fail was solved. but it stuck here. i tried to move the headset, but it doesn't work.image.thumb.png.33746f3abc28eb8523ae781729f2e8a5.png

Just now, VIVE_chengnay said:

Hi @rexin_zwy,

Did you ever get it working before?

Please use VIVE OpenXR plugin to develop your eyetracking content.

hi @VIVE_chengnay this is my first time using vive pro eye. it never works. the SRanipal keeps black. the calibration stuck as shown in pic.

i just want to calibrate the eye tracking. does that require VIVE OpenXR plugin?

59 minutes ago, VIVE_chengnay said:

@VIVE_chengnay i'm still confused. i am still in calibration step. why open unity and develop content? plus the SRanipal icon is black.image.png.9ded4ea85dcd18706da6abc65e479d69.png

Edited by rexin_zwy