Vive Pro Eye Calibration Initialization Error Troubleshooting

Problem:
Launching calibration shows error: "Initialization Failed"

Solutions:
- Run "EyeCalibration.exe" manually in C:\Program Files\VIVE\SRanipal\tools\eye_calibration
- Power off/on PC & Link Box.
- Run 'sr_runtime.exe' as Admin. Default install path: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VIVE\SRanipal'.
- Update SteamVR Runtime.
- Update graphics card drivers.
- Navigate to "Change User Account Control settings" via Windows Settings search or start menu search. Change to "Never Notify" and click "OK".
- Possible issue with some models of MSI laptops fixed with rollback to earlier NVIDIA driver. Fresh install of NVIDIA driver 417.71 (GPU BIOS not being updated and it does not support the latest NVIDIA driver).
- Uninstall 'VIVE_SRaniaplInstaller' & 'Tobii VRU02 Runtime'. Restart and Install latest 'VIVE_SRanipalInstaller_1.1.0.1.msi'. Plug in HMD and wait for any updates to complete.
- Update motherboard integrated Intel Graphics Driver (fixes system reference to incorrect openCL.dll (intel) instead of NVidia).
- Disable integrated graphic card
- Possible issue with wireless adapter, try running calibration with wired.
- Possible issues with early dev kits.

Check System Requirements:
- Use DisplayPort, mini-DisplayPort, or USB-C output from the dedicated GPU.
- Windows 8.1 or later (64-bit).

Problem:

Error in logs: "This HMD doest NOT has eye-tracking feature, Error : -5"

Solutions:

- Launch "SR_Runtime" and start calibration or eye tracking application
- Check Device Manager for "EyeChip" under "Universal Serial Bus Devices"
- Check Services for "Tobii VRU02 Runtime"
- Remove any other Tobii services installed
- Disconnect any other eye tracking devices attached

image.thumb.png.df0b7d46bb5dbf0e915373f528889a84.png

image.thumb.png.b97c4d24fedaabb53a677a5153d4467f.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/7/2019 at 5:08 AM, Corvus said:

Problem:
Launching calibration shows error: "Initialization Failed"

Solutions:
- Power off/on PC & Link Box.
- Run 'sr_runtime.exe' as Admin. Default install path: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VIVE\SRanipal'.
- Update SteamVR Runtime.
- Update graphics card drivers.
- Possible issue with some models of MSI laptops fixed with rollback to earlier NVIDIA driver. Fresh install of NVIDIA driver 417.71 (GPU BIOS not being updated and it does not support the latest NVIDIA driver).
- Uninstall 'VIVE_SRaniaplInstaller' & 'Tobii VRU02 Runtime'. Restart and Install latest 'VIVE_SRanipalInstaller_1.1.0.1.msi'. Plug in HMD and wait for any updates to complete.
- Update motherboard integrated Intel Graphics Driver (fixes system reference to incorrect openCL.dll (intel) instead of NVidia).
- Possible issue with wireless adapter, try running calibration with wired.
- Possible issues with early dev kits.

Check System Requirements:
- Use DisplayPort, mini-DisplayPort, or USB-C output from the dedicated GPU.
- Windows 8.1 or later (64-bit).

I've tried your solutions, including running as admin, updating graphics driver, updating steam, reinstallation. But I'm still having "initialization Failed". Any other suggestions?

@Corvus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've tried all the relevant troubleshooting steps and still have "initialization failed". I have the release version of the HMD running on a Win 10 machine with Inteil Core i7-9800X CPU @ 3.8GHz with 32GB of RAM, SSD, and a Quadro P4000 graphics card

@Corvus

• 2 weeks later...

先月の下旬に購入したVIVE PRO EYEが、今週の月曜に急にアイトラッキングができなくなってしまいました。キャリブレーションの初期化もできないです。

先週までは、何事もなくアイトラッキングできました。

15 hours ago, 原田空来 said:

先月の下旬に購入したVIVE PRO EYEが、今週の月曜に急にアイトラッキングができなくなってしまいました。キャリブレーションの初期化もできないです。

先週までは、何事もなくアイトラッキングできました。

Google Translate (Japanese to English):

The VIVE PRO EYE purchased late last month suddenly lost eye tracking this Monday. The calibration cannot be initialized.

Until last week, I was able to track my eyes without incident.

@Jad, @Corvus, @Daniel_Y

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I've recently JUST installed the HTC Vive Eye Pro. I have not managed to get the EyeTracking working in order to test it out. I have had the same problem everyone else here described. 

I'm using the following desktop computer::

MSI Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB RAM

Core I7 4790K CPU

8 GB RAM

Windows 10

I'm attaching the packed logs.

I believe the main problem can be identifiied in the EyeCameraModule where I get the following set of errors:

[EyeCameraModule] [2019-12-07 16:46:48] [-!-ERROR-!-] [CODE: 0x0000] [DEBUG]           prp_client.cpp(942): error "PRP_ERROR_ENUM_CONNECTION_FAILED" (00000003) in function "prp_client_process_subscriptions" @thr_main::<lambda_8cd30f5459673188ae9c0fd5bb8c5d55>::operator ():339
[EyeCameraModule] [2019-12-07 16:46:48] [-!-ERROR-!-] [CODE: 0x0000] [ERROR]           device.cpp(1836): error "DEVICE_ERROR_CONNECTION_FAILED" (00000004) in function "process_callbacks" @thr_main::<lambda_8cd30f5459673188ae9c0fd5bb8c5d55>::operator ():326
[EyeCameraModule] [2019-12-07 16:46:48] [-!-ERROR-!-] [CODE: 0x0000] [ERROR]           eyetracker.cpp(260): error "TOBII_ERROR_CONNECTION_FAILED" (00000005) in function "eyetracker_device_process_callbacks" @thr_main::<lambda_8cd30f5459673188ae9c0fd5bb8c5d55>::operator ():326

These are repeated over and over again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

ViveSR_Log.zip

@Corvus

On 12/7/2019 at 5:07 PM, aarelovich1984 said:

Hello I've recently JUST installed the HTC Vive Eye Pro. I have not managed to get the EyeTracking working in order to test it out. I have had the same problem everyone else here described. 

I'm using the following desktop computer::

MSI Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB RAM

Core I7 4790K CPU

8 GB RAM

Windows 10

I'm attaching the packed logs.

I believe the main problem can be identifiied in the EyeCameraModule where I get the following set of errors:

[EyeCameraModule] [2019-12-07 16:46:48] [-!-ERROR-!-] [CODE: 0x0000] [DEBUG]           prp_client.cpp(942): error "PRP_ERROR_ENUM_CONNECTION_FAILED" (00000003) in function "prp_client_process_subscriptions" @thr_main::<lambda_8cd30f5459673188ae9c0fd5bb8c5d55>::operator ():339
[EyeCameraModule] [2019-12-07 16:46:48] [-!-ERROR-!-] [CODE: 0x0000] [ERROR]           device.cpp(1836): error "DEVICE_ERROR_CONNECTION_FAILED" (00000004) in function "process_callbacks" @thr_main::<lambda_8cd30f5459673188ae9c0fd5bb8c5d55>::operator ():326
[EyeCameraModule] [2019-12-07 16:46:48] [-!-ERROR-!-] [CODE: 0x0000] [ERROR]           eyetracker.cpp(260): error "TOBII_ERROR_CONNECTION_FAILED" (00000005) in function "eyetracker_device_process_callbacks" @thr_main::<lambda_8cd30f5459673188ae9c0fd5bb8c5d55>::operator ():326

These are repeated over and over again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

ViveSR_Log.zip 13.76 kB · 0 downloads

@Corvus

For those interested, I've managed to solve the issue. It was not enough to simply run SR Runtime in Administrator Mode. I fixed it by actually using an administrator account. This is a huge security issue depending on who uses your windows PC as it is FAR easier for unwanted stuff to get installed in your PC when, say, surfing the web. But it does fix the problem, at least for me.