turn on eye tracking camera

Lian

Hello,

I am working on using VIVE pro eye tracking headset to collect eye tracking data. I use the VIVE headset as  extend Monitor (not in unity). I can display my contents on the headset screen correctly. But When I try to get the eye tracking data, I do not get any data from SRanipal. I think the reason is because I do not run this in Unity and steamVR. But I do run the SRanipal runtime. It report the eye tracking camera is not turn on. Does anyone know how to turn on the eye tracking camera? What command or code should I include into my application? I use C# coding the test. 

Thanks in advance.

Currently, SRanipal SDK does not provide Native C# sample code. An alternative way, you could refer to C# API file "ViveSR\Scripts\SRanipal_API.cs" in Unity package. And, follow the steps of StartFramework() in "ViveSR\Scripts\Eye\SRanipal_Eye_Framework.cs" as reference.

Hi Corvus,

Thanks for reply. Acturally, I did start the SRanipal runtime first and with the /SRanipal_SDK_1.0.1.0_Eye/Eye/01_C/ sample application, can not catch any eye data. But if run with the steamVR and "Disable Direct Display Mode", then it will return eye tracking data. Any other suggestion?

Thanks a lot.

Hi @Daniel_Y,

Thanks for your reply. I finally get this eye tracking camera works. My SR runtime version is 1.1.0.1. 

Actually, here is what I did.

I turn off my PC. then restart it.

I first turn on the SR runtime. Then the Steam, and SteamVR.

Try the eye tracking does return the eye data and also the eye calibration works.

Then switch to the Disable Direct Display Mode.

Then at this point, I have to logout the user, and re login(If I don't do this, the Headset display will not show the desktop, I don't know why). 

start the SR runtime, and check the headset display does show the computer desktop. 

Run the SRanipal_SDK eye tracking sample, it does return correct eye tracking data.

I write all the steps I did. Hope it may help someone else. And also hope you can point out if somewhere is not correct, or can be changed. 

Thanks again.