See Through module doens't work any more...

sbouilland

Hello,

It seems the "See Through" module doesn't work any more with my new version of Unity 2019.2.6.f1, did someone encounter the same problem ? 

For my part, as the new version is no available and without any answer from the support team, I'm afraid I have to find another product...

@sbouilland,

I've tagged a few members of the SRWorks team for offical comment on your specific scenario and to flag them on the behavior you've encountered.

That said, 2.6.x was released on September 18th, 5 days ago - it's extremely uncommon for SDKs to have full support for new engine versions at launch. Most gaming SDKs and tools target a 30-180 day support window depending on the complexity of the changes that have occurred within the engine - it always varies depending on the release. No company is able to fully target  flawless day 0 support for major engine releases, modern gaming engines are simply too complex and multifaceted for that to be the case.

It's generally against best practice to migrate your main branch on a brand new public release of a game engine - especially during the first few weeks of release. When a company like Unity releases an engine into the public branch, that new branch will contain bugs and other unexpected behaviors that may not have been flushed out during the beta period. As developers provide feedback - those bugs get patched in subsequent minor updates until a "stable" branch is achieved which is then kicked into long term support (LTS) maintenance. If you're trying to always update to the bleeding edge Unity release, you're going to have a bad time - especially with VR dev as it's a far less mature branch of development that only sees a fraction of developer focus as compared to traditional gamedev. You generally want to wait until a engine release has gotten its first patches before you consider migrating your entire project over and by then, your SDKs and tooling should hopefully have been patched in as well.

@Daniel_Y @Corvus @Tony PH Lin @Jad

20 hours ago, sbouilland said:

Hello,

It seems the "See Through" module doesn't work any more with my new version of Unity 2019.2.6.f1, did someone encounter the same problem ? 

For my part, as the new version is no available and without any answer from the support team, I'm afraid I have to find another product...

After upgrading your project with Unity 2019.2.6f1, have you tried deleting & reimporting the SRWorks Plugin package?

This is the first time I saw this exact question on this forum. If there are any other questions that haven't been properly answered, kindly share the link; we will be more than happy to respond to it.

Regards,
Renee

• Thanks 1