IPD setting

Kobboyz

Hello,
I recently bought the headphones and am satisfied with them.
However, I have a problem with setting the IPD. Indeed, when I turn the adjustment wheel, I do not see systematically appear the setting window indicating the distance of pupillary ecrat.
Could you tell me if this adjustment should be done at a specific time or anytime, even in a game session? And if so, why does not this feast appear?
Thank you.

@stvnxu

It doesn't appear at minimal adjustment just to avoid it popping up on head movement during play.
Just keep adjusting until the window appears and then continue adjusting until you got the right setting for your eyes.

Edited by A-Jey
  • Like 1

Hello,
I just tested the IPD setting again.
I confirm that it appears randomly when you touch the setting button. Also when the adjustment window appears and you turn in one direction or the other the adjustment and the value of the IPD do not necessarily move and the window disappears after a few seconds.
When you turn the knob, the window does not reappear.
This is embarrassing because the setting may not be optimal.
Whether in the Viveport or in game session the result is the same.
For information, I checked and applied the latest updates available.
Thanking you for your help

@stvnxu

Hey @Kobboyz,

Thanks for your patience in testing this out for us. I will work with you to fix this. Here's a series of questions if you can help answer them in order:

• Grab your Cosmos headset and try adjusting the IPD knob without putting it on. As you adjust the IPD knob back and forth, observe the two lenses behavior.
  1. Do the two lenses have any physical movements in relation to turning the knob? Whether the lenses are moving away or towards each other.
    If yes, then continue to the questions below. 
    If not, then I'll work with you and customer support to address this.

Couple questions:

1. When you say "I confirm that it appears randomly when you touch the setting button," are you referring to the setting button as the physical IPD knob adjustment on the side of your headset?
  2. When the adjustment window appears, have you tried to continue moving the knob as it appears to see if the value increases/decreases depending on the direction you're moving? 
  3. Could you help us submit an issue report? This will help our engineering team look deeper into this issue as this is the first of its case I've seen. Here are instructions to submit a report:
    https://forum.vive.com/topic/6662-how-to-report-issues-through-the-vive-console/
  4. Could you try turning the knob in one direction and continue to do so until it reaches its limit? During that process, can you report whether you saw the adjustment window pop up and if you did, did the value change as you turned the knob? 

Note:

• It is intended for the IPD value window to quickly disappear when the IPD knob isn't being adjusted.
  • It is intended for the IPD value window to be delayed by a few seconds after physically adjusting the IPD knob. The reason for this delay is to prevent the window from appearing and disrupting your play if the movement was not originally intended and was caused by game-play movement. 

Steve

4 minutes ago, stvnxu said:

Do the two lenses have any physical movements in relation to turning the knob? Whether the lenses are moving away or towards each other.

Yes.

46 minutes ago, stvnxu said:
  • When you say "I confirm that it appears randomly when you touch the setting button," are you referring to the setting button as the physical IPD knob adjustment on the side of your headset?
  • When the adjustment window appears, have you tried to continue moving the knob as it appears to see if the value increases/decreases depending on the direction you're moving? 

When I turned the wheel, the setting appeared but after several minutes of inactivity it did not reappear anymore.
Also when setting the figures move but stop while I continue to turn the wheel.

I used the problem reporting.

Thanks.

@Kobboyz

Glad the IPD adjustment knob is working! Phew. Now please identify what your IPD is and then adjust the wheel to that specific value. You shouldn't need to adjust the wheel after that unless you're switching your headset for another individual to wear. 

Possible reason why the value stops is because you've either reached the highest or lowest value of the IPD scale. 

Thanks for submitting the report!

Steve