Firmware update kills the base stations

Andy Hexagon

I got the HTC Vive Pro today and the setup was a nightmare. As I was trying to update the firmware on the 2.0 base stations, it kept failing. When the update was on 95% for one of the base stations, it failed and the base station starting blinking red. I tried to update the second base station and it failed at 99% and it also started blinking red. What are the odds of this happening?

3 hours ago, Andy Hexagon said:

I got the HTC Vive Pro today and the setup was a nightmare. As I was trying to update the firmware on the 2.0 base stations, it kept failing. When the update was on 95% for one of the base stations, it failed and the base station starting blinking red. I tried to update the second base station and it failed at 99% and it also started blinking red. What are the odds of this happening?

I setup my new Vive Pro full kit a few weeks ago without any problems, updating the firmware for my headset, controllers, and 2.0 base stations.  If you are trying to do this via Bluetooth, maybe make sure you do not have any other BT devices active.  I guess you could try updating via usb (like I needed to do with my controllers).  Have a look at the Vive Pro manual for instructions on how to do this.

• 3 weeks later...