Which port? Nothing showing in Vive headset...

RogerInHawaii

I have the Vive/HP Envy bundle. I got it all set up. It tracks the controllers and the headset but nothing shows up visually in the headset. When I turn on "MIrror" mode it shows and tracks on the main monitor what I SHOULD be seeing in the headset, but there's still no visuals in the headset.

So, first question: Exactly WHICH of the three ports on the Radeon graphics controller whould the headset video cable be connected to? The AMD-Free Sync is where the main monitor is plugged into. But the other three are called HDMI 2.0 SiplayPort 1.3 HBR and SIaplayPort 1.4 HDR (according to documentation I was able to find on the Daeon). So, which one should the Vive be plugged into?

Secondly, I tried all sorts of different settings on the HO ENvy, and now NOTHING shows up on the monitor either! It's as though the computer isnt even running Windows. It's just totally blank. I rebooted a number of times and, nothing!

HELP!!!!

I can't even get the computer running now. I've disconnected the Vive from the computer. All that's connected to it is the keyboard, mouse, and an HDMI-compatible display. WHen I first set this all up I DID get Windows running and used it to connect to the INternet to get install the Vive software, etc. So WIndows was initially running on it (the HP ENVY 750-415VHR which came with the Vive). But now even that is not working. I turn on the computer, the HP logo shows for a moment on the display (so it's at least getting that far), but then the screen goes gray and, ... nothing. WIndows doesn't start up. Just a grey screen. I can see and move themouse cursor across the screen but that's all. Hitting the WIndiws key does nothing. Hittng Ctrl?Alt?Delete does nothing.

If I disconnect or reconnect either the mouse or the keyboard I do indeed hear the normal connect/disconnect sound. But that's all it does.

I've finally gotten Windows to work properly again and the Vive all conneceted up. Vive is being tracked properly and mirrored on the main monitor, but there's still no video in the Vive headset itself. At one point, during one reboot of the computer, there was video in the headset for just a fleeting moment. But other than that, completely black.

THe status light on the heqadset is light green, turns bright green when I pick it up and move it around (as expected) but then quickly turns red.

Using the Steam VR there's noting shown in the Headset. Running the Steam VR Tutorial I can hear the sounds but no video in the headset.

ALSO, I tried to send a message to Vive via their website Contect section. I typed in themessage, hit Sumit, and get a dialog box that says "Dont close this window while we send the message" but it never completes sending the mssage, even after several hours. So HOW THE GELL are we supposed to use that Contact page??!?!?!

I'm getting very frustrated with Vive.

Hey , sorry, if you saw an earlier version of this message - didn't read the whole thread.

The initial isues you had with the PC are unfortunately not something we can help with. I have seen a similar issue to what you describe with the HMD, but don't have an immediate solution. Did you manage to connect with anyone at Customer Care? (Not sure if you're in the US, but the contact details for them are in my sig.)

Archived