Support that listens to your problem?

Sjokkel

Hi, 
I bought a vive in the same week as some of my friends. After talking to my friends it seems that i received an older version of the vive, with the old 3in1 cable and the grey wrist bands. I bought it about 2 weeks after 1 friend and in the same week as my 2 other friends. All have a more recent version. I payed quite a bit of money and all my friends receive a newer version from the same store.

I decited to contact the english support team and the person answering was absolutely rude. He kept saying there was only 1 type of Vive and the cables were the same and he couldn't see the problem.

The day after i contact the dutch support. Things started off good. He thought it was strange that i was shipped the older version and asked me for order numbers of my friends Vive. After sending those over he turned 180 degrees on me and said he could not see what cable they send me. First he asks for the numbers to verify and now they can not see anymore. I asked him to just exchange the cable and i would be happy. I would even pay for shipping. Now I keep receiving the same answer. "We can not see which cable we ship, We can not see which cable we ship". I am trying to get a mature answer from these guys for 3 weeks now. You have a best in class product and you treat your customers like this??? 
Is there any way to reach a descent support person? I have never been treated like this 

Hi , if you can send me along any ticket numbers you may have from talking to CS, I can see what I can do.

While I can understand your frustration, it is possible for separate orders placed at similar times to get different stock. While you're correct that these model revisions are 'newer', they function in the same way. Did you consider returning to the store you bought the Vive from? If you did purchase from retail, it's possible that Customer Care won't be able to exchange the cable - but I'm not sure of the policy on that.

Anyway, feel free to send me along your ticket numbers in PM and I'll escalate as best I can.

I am trying to get a mature answer from these guys for 3 weeks now. 

What difference does the Cables make? to me it seems rather childish to be moaning over a cable or some straps. 

It does not affect the unit or the games the information does not get to your eyes any quicker and when you have the headset on you cant see the straps.

Be happy that you have a VIVE there are people out in the real world that are have to put up with psvr and rifts. 

Hi Rockjaw, 

Thank you for the clear answer. I'll send you the ticket numbers I've logged.

I ordered them directly from vive.com as did my friends. The point is that we ordered in the same period. It would be logical that older stock is sent out first. That is why i think it is strange that my friends ordering 2-3 weeks earlier received a different newer version. The new cable is a lot more comfortable for my 2 kids as it's not so stiff as the original one and doesn't get tangled up. 

I have been asking to order a new cable but they can't promise me they will ship the new version.

Thanks for your help.

Se7en11, You make it sound as if should be happy having a Vive. It's not that they gave it to me, i bought it and as you know it's not cheap. I don't care about the straps. And what do a PSVR and a rift have to do with this?

Let's say you bought a GTX 1080 Ti and you receive a standard OC 1080. You probably won't notice any difference but the 1080 Ti just feels a bit more comfy. Wouldn't you be "moaning"?

For me it won't make much of a difference but for my kids the new cable certainly makes a difference.

The thing i'm "moaning" about however is the initial support i received. They didn't even ask me to swap out the cables, or offer me the new cable at a discounted price, or hell even ship me the new cable at full price. They kind of behaved like you in your post, rude.

wrote:

Hi Rockjaw, 

Thank you for the clear answer. I'll send you the ticket numbers I've logged.

I ordered them directly from vive.com as did my friends. The point is that we ordered in the same period. It would be logical that older stock is sent out first. That is why i think it is strange that my friends ordering 2-3 weeks earlier received a different newer version. The new cable is a lot more comfortable for my 2 kids as it's not so stiff as the original one and doesn't get tangled up. 

I have been asking to order a new cable but they can't promise me they will ship the new version.

Thanks for your help.

It would be logical, wouldn't it? :)

Unfortunately even our Customer Care team is well separated from the fulfilment / warehouse folk, which is why they can't guarantee the new cable will be shipped.

While I'm guessing when I say this, I'd imagine we're fulfilling from potentially different warehouses (especially if your friends are in different parts of the world?), so it's possible Warehouse A (shipping to you) had different stock than Warehouse B (shipping to your friends).

If i brought a 1080ti and they gave me a different model then sure i have grounds to complain and moan. 
You brought and paid for a Vive you Got delivered a Vive. Now unless somewhere on the order page it said "COMES WITH NEW CABLE" Then i don't see the problem.

You got what you paid for. They have not mislead you or tried to give you something different. 
You just don't want to feel that your friends got something you didn't get that's all it boils down to. 

Its also obvious that the comment about the others units was an attempt at humor that you just didn't get.

Yes it would :)

My friends are all from the region, same country. 
Must have been 1 forgotten box that i received then. Bad luck.
I understand the service team is seperated from the logistics team. I've been a service manager for a few years, that's why i might get itchy from the responses i got.

The region is Belgium. Is there any way to confirm i will receive a new type cable if i order one seperately? The logistics department should know and i feel like the service team should have queried them before shipping me off. 

Thanks alot for the feedback!

Are you working for the servicedesk.? You sure sound like the first guy i talked to. ;)
It's not about the cable, it's about the service and reponses received. I'm not saying they mislead me. I'm just saying that they kept ignoring my question and never offered a solution.

Sorry for not understanding your statement that while paying exactly the same as my friends at the same time in the same shop and receiving something different should make me a happy camper. 

Also sorry for not understanding your humor attempt as you keep repeating it. 
If you had understood my initial question it is exactly this behaviour that i am trying to avoid. 

Don't get me wrong, i'm enjoying the Vive, only wish it came with the better cable.

Archived