Error 210 unfixable

Josh0268

Okay, i've bought a vive cosmos, but i cant seem to get it to work. I've tried reinstalling Drivers, reinstalled steam, Vive console, restarting vive, unplugging everything and reconnecting everything.  Nothing is working.

Trying to run it on a ASUS ROG Strix G531GT-AL003R Laptop. Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 (9th gen) 9750H/2.6Ghz

16 GB  (2x8GB) DDR4 RAM

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1650

Headset and controllers are connecting, But LED on headset is red, I get error 210 in Vive Dashboard. 

My laptop has no displayport, But i used an active HDMI+USB3.0 to Displayport adapter.

SteamVR is picking up the correct graphics card, and says VR is tracking, but Vive dashboard is saying not tracking. I also have nothing on the screen in the VR headset, even though steamVR is showing there should be

when i run Vive cosmos setup, it also confirms that it is detecting the displayport entrance.

Help plox

Edited by Josh0268

HDMI to DP is not supported on Cosmos. It's normal to see the 210 error code. 
You need to have at least DP or Mini-DP from the GPU.

and also 1650 may not meet the min requirement for most of the contents.

1 hour ago, Josh0268 said:

Okay, i've bought a vive cosmos, but i cant seem to get it to work. I've tried reinstalling Drivers, reinstalled steam, Vive console, restarting vive, unplugging everything and reconnecting everything.  Nothing is working.

Trying to run it on a ASUS ROG Strix G531GT-AL003R Laptop. Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 (9th gen) 9750H/2.6Ghz

16 GB  (2x8GB) DDR4 RAM

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1650

Headset and controllers are connecting, But LED on headset is red, I get error 210 in Vive Dashboard. 

My laptop has no displayport, But i used an active HDMI+USB3.0 to Displayport adapter.

SteamVR is picking up the correct graphics card, and says VR is tracking, but Vive dashboard is saying not tracking. I also have nothing on the screen in the VR headset, even though steamVR is showing there should be

when i run Vive cosmos setup, it also confirms that it is detecting the displayport entrance.

Help plox

Hey Josh,

As C.T. mentioned, HDMI to DP signal conversion isn't supported on Cosmos. And personally speaking from experience, I don't think I've ever seen HDMI to DP converter work when it comes to enabling VR.

I had a look at your laptop spec over on ASUS's site and the GT variant you have doesn't have a DP signal out anywhere (including the USB C port). At this point, I think if you're looking to use VR on this specific laptop, you're limited to the ones that use HDMI.

image.png.972ff539df51d26014d8ab0bac108158.png

Shen

Edit: adding screenshot for your laptop spec

Edited by Guest
adding laptop spec screenshot