New Facemask for Cosmos " existing customer "

Patrik

Question regards the new Face plate that soon going to be for sale. I live in Australia and this new face plate cost will cost me AU$ 349 that is only the plate. Now i guess you need to buy 2x Base Stations that will cost me additional $400 dollar. And then i guess 2x controllers that is additional $400 dollar.

That is $1149 Dollar not included the post.

Now a cosmos in Australia cost $1300

Now my question is will there be a package that is cheaper then that to existing costumers?

Reason why is that the Vive cosmos is not a complete product and its faulty tracking and i spend more money on buying battery's then what the controllers is worth . That is the reason why you done a same headset with a different face plate and equipment.

You can not fix this issue due to a failed headset/controllers.

I need to know if you as existing costumer need to pay for almost the same price of the headset on products to make it work??

4 hours ago, Patrik said:

I just feel that their practical solution is to suggest you to buy faceplate and sensor which is failing concept. For me, I bought Cosmos is because of its simplicity, but it have been 7 months since its release. No real fix at all, just come minor fix every time. I think we will go through all those minor fix until this product has been outdated in the market.  

Just let us know if it will be fixed or just give a big offer for all exisiting Cosmos owners. Though I don't want external sensor. But if it is the only solution, then just bare it.

Edited by lam0218

I do understand that it is a hard time at the moment and i do wish to know as soon as possible. There is no way in hell i am going to spend another 1100 on the headset to make it work.

That means i payed 2400 dollar for this headset. For that price you can buy almost the best VR headset. For me that sounds really expensive and not worth it.

• Like 1

I'd like to add on an say I'd also be interested to hear about upgrade options. The Cosmos is useable and I'm overall happy with the purchase but the tracking is not great overall. I can't play during the day with the windows open because there's too much light and at night, I have to turn on every light in the room in a specific way to get the tracking to an acceptable level. I've learned to work around the tracking but things like crouching behind cover in HL:A become difficult. I basically have to crouch down with my arms straight out and not look down or else the tracking breaks and I start floating. I can't pick weapons up off the ground in Blade and Sorcery. 

Again, I'm overall happy with the product and I've found ways to still play these games but it's tough and we'd definitely enjoy our headset moreso with proper tracking. But agreeing with the above, to do that path, it'll end up costing more than the Cosmos Elite outright as we need to buy the faceplate, the base stations, and new controllers to work with the base stations as the Cosmos ones don't. A reasonable upgrade path would be huge and you'd make a customer for life out of me personally.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I'm also in Australia and have been considering the Cosmos Elite faceplate for my OG (pre-ordered) Cosmos since I already have Vive 2.0 base stations/controllers that came with my Vive Pro full kit.  This originally sold for aud$349 earlier this month and today I looked at it and it is now priced at aud$399!  Neither of these come with any extras like VivePort subscriptions or free HLA.  So, I'm not likely to jump in and buy one of these.  I was kinda hoping that is would be much more sensibly priced, maybe with a very high discount for current OG Cosmos users.  So for now my Cosmos will remain in the box awaiting better inside out tracking and I will just continue to use my Vive Pro and Oculus Rift cv1 for all my VR needs.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TomCgcmfc said:

I'm also in Australia and have been considering the Cosmos Elite faceplate for my OG (pre-ordered) Cosmos since I already have Vive 2.0 base stations/controllers that came with my Vive Pro full kit.  This originally sold for aud$349 earlier this month and today I looked at it and it is now priced at aud$399!  Neither of these come with any extras like VivePort subscriptions or free HLA.  So, I'm not likely to jump in and buy one of these.  I was kinda hoping that is would be much more sensibly priced, maybe with a very high discount for current OG Cosmos users.  So for now my Cosmos will remain in the box awaiting better inside out tracking and I will just continue to use my Vive Pro and Oculus Rift cv1 for all my VR needs.

Generally speaking, I don't know why we need to pay extra for those faceplate, station and controller for a faulty product. HTC should put a link for Cosmos user to claim for the complete set for fixing the issue since launch.

Just like the MacBook butterfly keyboard, why I need to pay for replace it because it is not working properly ? The same logic here

Edited by lam0218

4 hours ago, lam0218 said:

Generally speaking, I don't know why we need to pay extra for those faceplate, station and controller for a faulty product. HTC should put a link for Cosmos user to claim for the complete set for fixing the issue since launch.

Just like the MacBook butterfly keyboard, why I need to pay for replace it because it is not working properly ? The same logic here

would be sensible to redesign the inside out tracking to a IF module for both controllers and faceplate and have a recall program were we send in our og controllers and faceplate in exchange for IF version.

My assumption though is they are still selling the OG vive cosmos which makes me think they recon they can fix the tracking.

• Like 1

I think it would be awesome for the company  to take responsibility for its  failure  of this product (not to mention all the revnue they collected) And except a trade in offer for the new face plate and controllers  in exchange for the self-tracking face plate and controllers that ONLY works with that particular face plate..because of course we all know once you  replace the face plate..those cool controllers that glow  and gives you that  "I am officially in the future feel"   are  @#^%$!! officially USELESS !!

• Like 1

Have to say I'm very disappointed by the price of the upgrade options. I'm afraid HTC are going to price themselves out of the market, like they did with their phones. I might ass well just buy the Elite, index or something else in the first place. If Oculus can fix their tracking - and even move onto hand tracking, then unless the hardware is incapable, the Cosmos should be able to do it.

What we  need is a trade in scheme - we return our flashy controllers, and the faceplate, for Elite faceplate, 2x controllers and 2x base stations, for £250. The Elite faceplate is £200 here, controllers are > £100 and base stations near to £200 each for (up to date version 2.0), so another £700. Double the cost - don't you see that HTC?

You need to get ahead of the game HTC, please don't make me feel i have to return my headset!

P.S. ALL accessories are too expensive!

• Like 1