Power On/Connection Problems

Klayburn

Hey guys. In the last week I've started having connection issues when powering on the Cosmos. Red light is on, side of the headset, but Vive Console reports headset is not connected. Getting error # 200 and error #201. Checked all connections of link box to pc, link box to HMD, checked cable for any twists or breakages. Restarting computer and changing USB ports has no effect.

I haven't had a single issue powering it on since getting the headset last year. Already submitted error report via the console, any insight would be greatly appreciated!

@C.T.

• Like 1

Hey @Klayburn,

Apologies on the issue you're experiencing! Do you have that Trace No for the error report? It'll help the eng team quickly locate your case upon reading this post. If not, no worries at all.

Have you tried power cycling the link box? 

Thanks,
Steve

Unfortunately I do not, that would have been good to copy down after I submitted the report. Let me know if it would be better to submit another report and post the trace number here. Thanks for getting back to me!

And yes! Cycled the link box a few times now. Fully unplugged from the wall, removed cables, let it sit for a while. Hooked cables back up, tried different USB ports, still same result.

Sequence I'm getting from Vive Console is: Turning On -> Checking -> ERROR... 🙃

18 minutes ago, timepants said:

I'm having the same problem. Just started the other day. Only happens with wireless and wired mode works fine. Symptoms are identical to yours.

For anyone else who might run into this - I ended up having to completely uninstall Vive Wireless (and the Intel drivers) - then reboot - then reinstall. After that it came back to life. I had tried a lot of other troubleshooting and I was beginning to think it was dead, so I'm quite relieved.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @timepants I'll be sure to give that a try. It seems to be a USB recognition issue, where I've unplugged or replugged different devices and the headset refuses to connect afterward. I've actually got it to turn on properly a couple times through sheer luck but after a restart I'm back where I started. I've been going back and forth with Vive support so hopefully that will shed some light on this issue.

• Like 1