Cosmos Beta release - 1.0.12.4

C.T.

VIVE Cosmos 1.0.12.4 – Beta Release Notes 

Released in May 26th 2020

[Runtime]

• Tuning content startup timing to avoid performance drop (thanks to @Subzer0)
  • Fixed a bug that some unreal content will crash.
  • Block initialization if it is not using external Display card.
  • While HMD is in standby, stop updating in mirror mode.
  • Like 2

On 5/27/2020 at 12:10 AM, deniedbyalstate said:

no fix on tracking? 

If they don't mention a tracking update they haven't released one.

Aren't they allowed to do a minor beta update with other fixes than tracking?

1 hour ago, A-Jey said:

If they don't mention a tracking update they haven't released one.

Aren't they allowed to do a minor beta update with other fixes than tracking?

Well ya i guess if you put it that way, sure why not... they're allowed to release updates and not having any of them address the biggest issue about the cosmos.  Who am I really?  Just 1 consumer.  $700. That's a drop in the bucket to them.

8 hours ago, deniedbyalstate said:

Well ya i guess if you put it that way, sure why not... they're allowed to release updates and not having any of them address the biggest issue about the cosmos.  Who am I really?  Just 1 consumer.  $700. That's a drop in the bucket to them.

Why would they?, i certainly wouldn't want to with comments like yours that provide no constructive input . You want it fixed, jump on the beta and help by start sending reports , dont expect a experimental product to be perfect just because its on sale to the consumer.

😡 bonjour alors comme d habitude toujours rien sur le tracking sur la ----version 1.0.12.4-----il save que c est le plus gros problème 

on leur a répéter a chaque fois que le tracking est mauvais toujours la meme galère 

il préfere vendre leur cosmos élite beaucoup moins compliquer il y a tout, mais avec le cosmos  il faux les accessoires façade tracking avant a 219 euro + les  station de base a au moins 200 euro une station + les manettes 218 euro 

pourquoi faire acheter tout c est accessoire au gens sur le cosmos pour un tracking  on peux  dire une bel carotte 

😀---oculus quest ou oculus rift s et beaucoup moins chère et mieux bien sur --😁  leur matériels  fonctionne correctement il demande pas encore de l argent

est il sorte pas mal de nouveauté  

Well, after many tests, I will try to pass here all the tracking problems I was able to find. This persists or is new in this beta.

1 - Sniper mode: the problem when one control is in front of the other, the tracking of the frontal control is lost and, as you move laterally, it gets worse.

2 - Below the head: another problem that I found with this last update, every time I get the control closest to my chest (below the chin), the tracking is lost.

3 - Hands on: I put my hands forward and under the control, completely loses track. which causes some problems when I turn the control down in other positions as well.. (This also causes loss of tracking on the sides when you rotate the controller to the opposite side of the camera.)

4 - Tired arms: If I keep my arms relaxed at the hips, the crawl will go up and down.

5 - Very close: when the control gets too close to the vr, the tracking is lost, remaining immobile even if I keep moving. Then, when you move away from the vr (and after a while), the tracking will return to the new location (teleport).

6 - Above and behind: when placing the control above the head a little back, it gets lost when returning (teleports to the location). And just behind the head, as if you were going to pick up an item from the backpack, it also gets lost alone.

Well, after more than 200 hours of htc at IN PLAY, those are the problems I have been able to find so far. Some have been around since I bought it. I don't remember seeing any problems 100% solved (about tracking) since I bought it, but I know the improvements that have occurred since this version.

For those who want to test the problems mentioned above, you can do it in the room (home), clicking to change your avatar, you will see a reversed image of yourself to be able to take the test and see where the tracking is. lost.

My update considerations: I understand the reason for leaving some versions without improvement in tracking, because some problems that arise from one version to another need to be solved (that's why it is the beta version).
However, I really miss seeing an update entirely dedicated to tracking, which is the main problem with htc vive cosmos. It may not be such a big update, but several small updates where we really see the improvement in VR and the work of the team dedicated to improving what is the main complaint of the community.

Edited by Fresh_Zin
  • Like 1