Cosmos Beta release - 1.0.12.10

C.T.
Message added by C.T.

We are collecting feedback for newly added feature - desktop mode.
Please kindly leave your comment here 🙂 

Thanks

VIVE Cosmos 1.0.12.10 – Beta Release Notes 

Released in June 30th 2020

[Lens]

• Enabled new feature – desktop mirror

[Runtime]

• Fixed a bug which VR compositor occasionally crash after switching different contents
  • Fixed a memory leak bug for Cosmos wireless users (Thanks to Beta_Tester)
  • Fixed a bug which HMD shows black screen if user disable camera in Windows Camera privacy settings
  • Like 3

Hi @C.T. and all.

So I tried this update and thumbs up for the new desktop mirror. I know we already have it in the Steam pop up but it's a bit bigger which can be helpful in some situations. 

I jumped out of the previous beta because it seems a bit unstable in some areas tracking included but in this release the tracking seems pretty good, the release notes doesn't say anything about tracking was there any adjustments done? I didn't experience any of the issues with wireless so I can't comment but over all seems to be a good step forward in improvements.

Good work and keep em' coming thanks.

Fink.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, hamez88 said:

am i the only one wondering what happened to updates 1.0.12.5 to 1.0.12.9

You don't want to know where those versions are. 😋 

2 hours ago, Fink said:

Hi @C.T. and all.

So I tried this update and thumbs up for the new desktop mirror. I know we already have it in the Steam pop up but it's a bit bigger which can be helpful in some situations. 

I jumped out of the previous beta because it seems a bit unstable in some areas tracking included but in this release the tracking seems pretty good, the release notes doesn't say anything about tracking was there any adjustments done? I didn't experience any of the issues with wireless so I can't comment but over all seems to be a good step forward in improvements.

Good work and keep em' coming thanks.

Fink.

Feel free to leave any comments on the newly added feature, I will see what we can do to polish the desktop mode better. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, C.T. said:

You don't want to know where those versions are. 😋 

Feel free to leave any comments on the newly added feature, I will see what we can do to polish the desktop mode better. 

I guess the most useful functions I'd like to use are the option to select from multiple monitors (I can only select one at the moment) and of course screen size or zoom. If you want to get really slick maybe integration with the OS voice recognition for dictation or basic commands to control apps like open, close, pause, play, copy, paste etc VR keyboards are still really clunky to use so far. 

Cheers Fink. 

5 hours ago, guesscui said:

Hi I wonder whether the performance issues in previous versions are fixed in this one.  Anyone tried and noticed any difference?

Performance isn't any better for me. I wish we had the ability to roll back to older versions of the software so that I could test the extent to which my performance has degraded since 1.0.12.4a and make sure there isn't something wrong on my end.

3 hours ago, Gosbot said:

Performance isn't any better for me. I wish we had the ability to roll back to older versions of the software so that I could test the extent to which my performance has degraded since 1.0.12.4a and make sure there isn't something wrong on my end.

PM me, I'll help you roll back to previous public version 1.0.11.2 if you like