Vive wireless battery mini?

jmean

hi, my wireless works perfectly, but i like to attach the battery to the headset because it is easier to take the headset on and off.

Battery adds a bit of weight though to the headset, is there a alternative battery that is smaller and lighter , and I understand i will have less battery life because of this if there is a compatible battery

Anyone know of a compatible lighter battery that works?

thanks

james

@jmean - You're unlikely to find a battery smaller than 10,000mAH that sports the required QC3.0 standard. QC3.0+ is a technology that battery manufacturers have to pay to license when integrating it into their products and thus you generally only find it in more "premium" battery banks that have a higher price point and capacity. I'm not personally aware of any packs that meet the QC requirement that are under 10k mAh.

Bear in mind that if you're using OG Vive/Pro the required output is 18w over OC3.0+ and is 21w for Cosmos.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jmean said:

hi, my wireless works perfectly, but i like to attach the battery to the headset because it is easier to take the headset on and off.

Battery adds a bit of weight though to the headset, is there a alternative battery that is smaller and lighter , and I understand i will have less battery life because of this if there is a compatible battery

Anyone know of a compatible lighter battery that works?

thanks

james

Buy an anker powerback, then do what some smart people do? run a cable down to your waist and attach the bank to your waist? you're one of the rare few I know that slaps it on there head. You can easily buy a long enough cable from amazon...😛

Tuck the cable under your T-Shirt? Simple as? That's what people do with mobiles, and ipods, and mp3 players, slap it in your pocket or waist, run your earphone cables up your top, and  boom?

The only thing that should be on your head is the headset and the wireless adapter.. and any external headphones or microphone you use..

Edited by SanityGaming
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jmean said:

thanks SanityGaming for the sound advice.

j

No problem, easiest way, and less weight on your head 😄 If you've got a trackbelt and use full body, look at attaching it to that, 😛 or like I said, ram it to your waist, (wouldn't recommend your pocket) due heat distribution  e.t.c

Edited by SanityGaming