Cosmos Beta release - 1.0.14.1

C.T.

3 hours ago, Patrik said:

This new update has giving me flashing green pixels from on and off. Do not know if headset is broken or its the patch please help..

green pixel sounds like a connection issue to me, sometimes cause by bad cable. you might want to cross check on that

Awesome! Can't wait for pass-through, will be an amazing feature. Make those cameras useful! Also, very glad to know VIVE hasn't just stopped supporting their customers even though the company likely has no feature (less of course you make a comfortable, high detailed, affordable headset without frensel lens!)

This is beta, so it has not been shipped yet, but we users can still use the beta version? Can someone please instruct me on where/how to download the software then install it? And also if I experience issues with the beta, how could I go back to the regular version?

Cheers

Oh! Ok, so to do it, enter vr as you would, then in the VIVE Conole app, go to settings > advanced > private test program, enter code OPENXRBETADEV00
Then do the same but goto Beta program, then enable it. Also you may want to go to > video and enable performance priority mode.

With steamvr in steam, right click it > properties > beta > beta - steamVR beta update

Then start vr as you would normally; if wireless, launch wireless app; if vive console doesn't launch, manually launch it, then let steamvr automatically open.

Everything should now be working. Double tap the button on your headset, and wait like 4 seconds for the cameras to show.

This is what I did to get my wireless cosmos elite working. It's very likely most of these steps aren't necessary.

Thank you vive very much! I was pessimistic you would implement see-through because "oh well we have flip-up". But yeah no, the detail isn't great but it's super functional! Very cool. Hopefully soon they'll have the camera options not disabled, and let chaperone be replaced with see-through.

I don't know what is going on if it is the headset or graphics card or game or other. I got massive lag and micro stutters on Msfs2020. Even with the low settings. 

The performance is really bad and even sometimes it lags in Vive port.

I got 9900k

2080ti

m2 drive

Any ideas?

On 2/15/2021 at 2:13 PM, cate said:

Oh! Ok, so to do it, enter vr as you would, then in the VIVE Conole app, go to settings > advanced > private test program, enter code OPENXRBETADEV00
Then do the same but goto Beta program, then enable it. Also you may want to go to > video and enable performance priority mode.

With steamvr in steam, right click it > properties > beta > beta - steamVR beta update

Then start vr as you would normally; if wireless, launch wireless app; if vive console doesn't launch, manually launch it, then let steamvr automatically open.

Everything should now be working. Double tap the button on your headset, and wait like 4 seconds for the cameras to show.

This is what I did to get my wireless cosmos elite working. It's very likely most of these steps aren't necessary.

Thank you vive very much! I was pessimistic you would implement see-through because "oh well we have flip-up". But yeah no, the detail isn't great but it's super functional! Very cool. Hopefully soon they'll have the camera options not disabled, and let chaperone be replaced with see-through.

Actually you are correct, there's no need to enter the code now, we have made the openXR beta option available to whoever switch to Cosmos Beta line (original Cosmos only).  

3 minutes ago, Patrik said:

I don't know what is going on if it is the headset or graphics card or game or other. I got massive lag and micro stutters on Msfs2020. Even with the low settings. 

The performance is really bad and even sometimes it lags in Vive port.

I got 9900k

2080ti

m2 drive

Any ideas?

get a log for me? it doesn't sound right.

• 4 weeks later...

@C.T.

Hey, are there any plans to make the Cosmos Elite available on Linux?

I've tested many things and almost got it working, but with no image on the headset itself. Room scaling, controller and position/rotation tracking of the headset work fine in SteamVR on Ubuntu and Arch.

So after my experiments, the only thing missing is a display driver. I bought the Elite Kit partly because I heard so much about the Vive's great support on Linux, only to find that it doesn't work on the cosmos 😞