C.T.

VIVE Software 2.0.16.2 – Beta Release Notes 
Released May 31st  2021

Vive Console

[Vive Pro 2]

1. Added Vive Pro 2 support
  2. Adjusted auto detection on video settings for Vive Pro 2 for DSC 

[Cosmos]

1. Fixed CU launch origin option has no functionality.
  2. Fixed ViveLens controller render model incorrect.

[Elite]

1. Added CU option for headset button switch SteamVR dashboard and Pass-through function

OpenXR

1. Implement additional extension XR_EXT_hand_joints_motion_range in HTC hand tracking API layer.
  2. Implement extension XR_EXT_eye_gaze_interaction in HTC eye tracking API layer.
  3. Register HTC API layers whenever VIVE software is installed or updated.

This fatal! now steamvr gives errors 217. The start of the htc logo and Origin, passthrough Everyone has problems, when touching the right button to start Origin lents flashes and the passthrough all mixed also flashes.

Hi there

I had a few anomalies e.g. headset not detected and some bizarre visuals during and after install. I think it just needed to complete one process before the other would finish properly in any case I waited and updated Viveport and then Steam VR to the latest releases and restarted. So now it all seems to have settled down and I can load most stuff but I still get a crash if I shake my head, it just drops me out and says it can't detect the headset. Checked the cable which is in firmly and if you just restart without doing anything it loads again just fine but still prone to crashing if I do the same head shake. I noticed something similar for a while if I shook my head from side to side (or just rapid movement the IPD adjustment activates by itself (which seems over sensitive)maybe a faulty switch but I have seen posts saying moving your head from side to side can cause issues so not sure if it is software or hardware didn't happen often. I was using the base Cosmos setup I'll try the Elite setup which I get some time later in the day (work interferes with everything) and see how it goes.

Cheers! Fink.

1 hour ago, Fink said:

Hi there

I had a few anomalies e.g. headset not detected and some bizarre visuals during and after install. I think it just needed to complete one process before the other would finish properly in any case I waited and updated Viveport and then Steam VR to the latest releases and restarted. So now it all seems to have settled down and I can load most stuff but I still get a crash if I shake my head, it just drops me out and says it can't detect the headset. Checked the cable which is in firmly and if you just restart without doing anything it loads again just fine but still prone to crashing if I do the same head shake. I noticed something similar for a while if I shook my head from side to side (or just rapid movement the IPD adjustment activates by itself (which seems over sensitive)maybe a faulty switch but I have seen posts saying moving your head from side to side can cause issues so not sure if it is software or hardware didn't happen often. I was using the base Cosmos setup I'll try the Elite setup which I get some time later in the day (work interferes with everything) and see how it goes.

Cheers! Fink.

The "ipad" thing is normal with cosmos, in my opinion, it is super sensitive only with the movement of the nose it is enough to make it out of adjustment. It would be good to have in htc cosmos something similar to the issue of resolutions such as htc vive pro 2 would be possible. Also htc cosmos has some chromatic distortion problems. I leave here an analysis of the viewfinder in general but where the lenses are, the result is terrible.

cosmos_35.jpg

Try to fix this and I'll be happy! Htc has to take into account the change of spare parts for cosmos and a change of display and improved lenses. Since htc vive pro 2 continues to have problems with the lenses as well. My question is not that htc has to kill:

1) "maracas" and lighthouse controls. 2) Kill the damn fresnel once and for all and the god beam and distortions that go with it. 3) Reasonable price. Solution that I know works: to problem.

1) magnetic controls. 2) More compact viewfinder use free form lenses. 3) surely not compatible with htc this point since they put out a frankenstein like vive pro 2 and cosmos a near disaster completely.

Edited by cusa123

Solution that must be had for it to work: 1) magnetic controls. 2) More compact viewfinder use free form lenses. 3) surely not compatible with htc at this point since they take out a frankenstein as vive pro 2 and cosmos a near disaster completely at an unreal price.

Surely both the price and the spare parts issue through the roof my next viewer will surely be wmr already I am never going to buy an oculus. Complete disappointment with my first htc cosmos viewer that apparently after about 1 year and a

half its departure, users continue to struggle with patches or it is the tracking or it is the chromatic distortions or software problems with the null intention of marking a roadmap clear to the user solving each problem of the viewer one by one.

Thanks Htc! Without offending your workers!

@C.T.Ok just fired up these drivers on my cosmos and they default the steam vr res to 3372x3988 steam says this is 150% scale, wiped and reinstalled steam vr beta and got the exact same thing, i had to turn it down to around 28% scale to match what i used to run it at before

Screenshot 2021-06-01 132908.png

11 hours ago, borrie869 said:

@C.T.Ok just fired up these drivers on my cosmos and they default the steam vr res to 3372x3988 steam says this is 150% scale, wiped and reinstalled steam vr beta and got the exact same thing, i had to turn it down to around 28% scale to match what i used to run it at before

Screenshot 2021-06-01 132908.png

Confirm your problem, I get something similar more than double the resolution.

Hi again.

My beta install wants to update again after it has already updated to the latest version. Is that a file permissions thing or maybe a registry issue?

I don't dare update again as the last time I was out of action on both public and beta branches for a week. It's not a bit issue but suggestions?

Thanks Fink.

image.png.6046d571093f6607fed8bfb34bda0eac.png

Edited by Fink