Taking a really long time to Ship new headset, What happened?

I keep reading on Facebook forums about other people wondering when they will ship it,

I have mine in Processing for 5 days now waiting for fulfillment. Money taken from my Bank for it too. What happened? Did Vive drop the ball when it comes to shipping? I am starting to think there is one guy boxing and shipping the Headsets and this one guy is now taking a long smoke break 😐

Edited by Laughingboy

3 hours ago, Laughingboy said:

I keep reading on Facebook forums about other people wondering when they will ship it,

I have mine in Processing for 5 days now waiting for fulfillment. Money taken from my Bank for it too. What happened? Did Vive drop the ball when it comes to shipping? I am starting to think there is one guy boxing and shipping the Headsets and this one guy is now taking a long smoke break 😐

I was kind of wondering the same. Money was taken out of my account the day I pre-ordered this thing back on May 13th.

Just shows "waiting for fulfillment". Then I read posts on other forums of folks just ordering from an e-tailer and already getting it in 1-2 days.

Same here. This is so ridiculous! What was the point of pre-ordering when people who are buying from retailers like B&H are getting it delivered to them already? 

This is beyond disappointing. Never pre-ordering from HTC ever again.

• Like 1

Yeah this is really not looking good for HTC.

Pre-ordered on May 13th. Money was taken from my account the same day. Never got an estimated delivery date. Been just showing waiting for fulfillment since early Friday, whatever the heck that means. In mean time I see more and more on the forums receiving their headsets.

One would think by pre-ordering we might be the first to get them. Guess they just wanted the money.

I'm in the same boat as everyone else here. The people on the HTC Chat line also have no idea on what to say or what is going on, they just tell me to be on the lookout for email. At this point, they need to make it up to all their pre-order customers by given them something like a $100 credit to make up for misleading everyone to believe pre-orders made any difference. It's not good when customers are treated this way, especially when they lay out the amount of money for their product. And their communication has been abysmal and non-existent. 😡