Htc vive pro 2 white spot

Nick Melvin

Hello everyone and HTC, I noticed from yesterday that I had a noticeable white spot on the right lense on the bottom. I didn't notice that on the first days and I'm pretty sure it wasn't there before 😕

I had the headset 5 days ago, what should I do ?

Thanks.

I just noticed it also appear on the left display too on top.. and they all fade away after about 15-20 of gameplay, this is so odd. If I let the headset cool down for a bit it will appear again. It looks like discolored tiny shapes on mid bright surfaces like brown, grey, orange colors, it's not visible on dark and white/bright areas. Any help ? Ideas.. Why does it fade after 20 minutes, should I RMA?

On 11/15/2021 at 6:25 AM, Nick Melvin said:

I just noticed it also appear on the left display too on top.. and they all fade away after about 15-20 of gameplay, this is so odd. If I let the headset cool down for a bit it will appear again. It looks like discolored tiny shapes on mid bright surfaces like brown, grey, orange colors, it's not visible on dark and white/bright areas. Any help ? Ideas.. Why does it fade after 20 minutes, should I RMA?

You not had any replies to this post, so I will mention others have posted similar things on reddit. Unless this post is yours?

It's potentially the heat from the display expanding/contracting and causing these pressure spots. If you turn off the LinkBox overnight, it might go away, however it can come back. It will be an RMA. I posted in this thread with a photo to demonstrate what he was describing, which sounds like yours too.

After a week of RMA I received my headset without the cables, (I had a spare vive pro eye cable, should work as it's 2.0) the plastic holding the cable on top is broken in half, the velcros holding the facial foampad are not there anymore nor the foampad itself...lol, one of my lense has a huge scratch on it and the headset won't turn on... it doesn't look like my headset actually It looks like a older one. The little red light that usually turns green is not turning on at all, just doesn't receive any power. I could say that I'm disappointed but that wouldn't be enough to describe how I feel right now also seeing some topics on this forum... I'm really scared. I will return the headset again but that will be the last time, I'm shocked.

Edited by Nick Melvin

2 hours ago, Nick Melvin said:

After a week of RMA I received my headset without the cables, (I had a spare vive pro eye cable, should work as it's 2.0) the plastic holding the cable on top is broken in half, the velcros holding the facial foampad are not there anymore nor the foampad itself...lol, one of my lense has a huge scratch on it and the headset won't turn on... it doesn't look like my headset actually It looks like a older one. The little red light that usually turns green is not turning on at all, just doesn't receive any power. I could say that I'm disappointed but that wouldn't be enough to describe how I feel right now also seeing some topics on this forum... I'm really scared. I will return the headset again but that will be the last time, I'm shocked.

Note down the Serial Number where the cable plugs into the headset. Take photos before and after every time. Is this HTC Romania? They cause quite a few issues for HTC. I had to RMA 3 times, possibly a 4th happening if they can't fix my cameras. Nearly all issues are fixed, but saying this, I shouldn't have had any issues to start with. Good luck.

Edited by AmazingTechVR
Spelling

16 hours ago, Nick Melvin said:

Hey I wasn't able to locate your support ticket, can you PM me your email ticket number?

On 11/30/2021 at 10:40 AM, C.T. said:

Hey I wasn't able to locate your support ticket, can you PM me your email ticket number?

Hello, It's all fine now, I got a deal with my retailer and they gave me a replacement and this one is working like a charm ^^

Thought I'm really disappointed by the repair service 😕

• Like 1