Wrist trackers as Object tracker questions

ProTubeVR

Hi, I have some questions/problem about the Focus3's Wrist Trackers,
just got my 2 trackers today, and plan to use those for 'object' tracking

questions :
-Could we have the geometric tracking ref for those?
(rotation centers, and "0" position.... we just need this info instead of 'bad' measurements)

-Why provide an object tracker if you can only link 2 trackers to the HMD ?
(make no sense to have Hand/controller tracking OR object tracking, cause of course we need both at the same time)

-Is there any possible input on those trackers ?
(OG vive trackers had some possible connection for buttons/trigger/ect and a possible com link with USB.... At this point, i seen NONE of this on the 'wrist tracker'.... does it mean i have to dev mysel a BT/Wifi board and a complete api in order to get a simple 'button' on a tracked object?)

-Is there any 'official' documentation for those trackers ?

I'm looking for a 'real' project description for this kind of use case
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/962856801555054613/990963118421188728/unknown.png
all i find on HTC's website is using 'OG trackers'

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/962856801555054613/990963368217157703/unknown.png

@ProTubeVR
Q:#1-Could we have the geometric tracking ref for those?
(rotation centers, and "0" position.... we just need this info instead of 'bad' measurements)
A#1:
We are looking into public facing docs for this. 

Q#2:
-Why provide an object tracker if you can only link 2 trackers to the HMD ?
(make no sense to have Hand/controller tracking OR object tracking, cause of course we need both at the same time)
A#2:
I'll ask if we can get some further clarification into the development plan. We do want to continue to support new usecases and requests like this do help prioritize work

Q#3
-Is there any possible input on those trackers ?
(OG vive trackers had some possible connection for buttons/trigger/ect and a possible com link with USB.... At this point, i seen NONE of this on the 'wrist tracker'.... does it mean i have to dev mysel a BT/Wifi board and a complete api in order to get a simple 'button' on a tracked object?)
A#3
The original vive trackers did expose some pinouts.

The wrist trackers have different requirements, concerns and certification/safety concerns as they have to compete with sweat and oils on human skin. The hand gestures are meant to be used as "input" when using these devices initially. I can inquire further about any future updates.

Q#4
-Is there any 'official' documentation for those trackers ?

A#4:
The best getting started guide is here:
https://developer.vive.com/resources/vive-wave/tutorials/vive-wrist-trackers-unreal-engine-getting-started/

There is additional documentation coming online as far as I am aware, and feel free to reach out for any other questions. 

• 1 month later...

Hey, @Alex_HTC
also, I would like to ask the technical information about wired devices connecting with the Wrist through the Type-C port.
(as in our example in the add., at least basic buttons like Triger-4, Grip-3) Thx!

spacer.png

• 4 months later...
On 8/6/2022 at 12:30 AM, o.pak said:

Hey, @Alex_HTC
also, I would like to ask the technical information about wired devices connecting with the Wrist through the Type-C port.
(as in our example in the add., at least basic buttons like Triger-4, Grip-3) Thx!

Hello, @Alex_HTC, can you let me know if the answers to the previous question about using the Type-C port will be updated? Thanks